Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you like a Fiery Clone Tool for embedded Fiery Controllers?

I would love to be able to clone/backup my Fiery bustled on a Xerox DC252. It's been rebuilt twice by my techs and I don't like having the machine down for the better part of the day each time.
    [COLOR="DimGray"][B]Xerox DC250, Fiery 8e R2
    Xerox 4112, Fiery 8 R2
    EFI CWS 5.6.0.24
    HP with added goodies, Windows 7 Pro

Default Clone tool

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your excellent feedback on this topic.

We are now completely convinced you need a clone tool for embedded!

We are working on it, unfortunately I can't promise any release dates at this point. I'll make sure the forum knows when it's ready!

Kind regards,

Greta.

Printfun is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Printfun is on a distinguished path

Hi Greta,

I am just wondering if there are any "good news" updates on the progress of the clone tool for the embedded Fierys?

Thanks!

Default Still waiting for update.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your excellent feedback on this topic.

We are now completely convinced you need a clone tool for embedded!

We are working on it, unfortunately I can't promise any release dates at this point. I'll make sure the forum knows when it's ready!

Kind regards,

Greta.
    Any news or updates on this, or has this been filed under "Cold Case" files?

Default embedded controller fiery clone tool

as a technician somewhat new to fiery it can be very time consuming to do the recovery process so the clone tool is really a great resource and not having this option on the embeded fiery is not cool. my vote is yes for the embedded fiery clone this would save quite a bit of time for the customer and for the tech.

TomG is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor TomG is on a distinguished path

Thumbs up Yes please!

1. Yes, a Clone Tool for embedded Fierys would be great! For all future Controllers as well as Xerox DC242/252/260, Xerox Colour 550/560, Xerox 700/700i, Xerox C75

2. Both, end users as well as Fiery support staff. It is very important that end users can use the tool on their own.

3. If I would be an end user, my reasons would be: to backup and restore my Fiery because it crashes sometimes or unexpected things happen. Restoring today takes very long because of the massive amount of patches. Also, in the past some patches or Service Packs caused crashes. As an end user I would like to backup my Fiery before applying new patches.

4. Mac or PC... hmmm. In my opinion the Clone Tool should run on an USB flashdrive and therefore needs no (binary) User interface for Mac or PC. Is it possible that Clone Tool grabs the IP address that is currently set in the Embedded Fiery and then starts a web service on this IP address (like EX-Fiery Clone Tool does via DHCP; on Linux this info is written in a file on a defined location, so this should be easy)? Then just a browser is needed to configure backup or restore options... Clever, huh ?

Also see http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ Maybe EFI can publish it there so everybody can easily create a bootable USB drive including Fiery Emedded Clone Tool

Default Stay tuned...

It's coming soon! I will post it here as soon as it's ready

Default Fiery Clone Tool for embedded is out now

Happy Friday Everyone!

The new Fiery Clone Tool for Embedded is posted on our download site.

http://w3.efi.com/fiery/fiery-suppor...wnload-drivers

On the Download Center website:

1. Click the Application Software and Tools tab.
    2. Under “Select Software”, click Fiery Clone Tool for Embedded Servers.
    3. Under “Select Version”, click Fiery Clone Tool for Embedded Servers v1.0, and then click Find.
    4. On the displayed results, download the Fiery Clone Tool for Embedded Servers software and User Guide.
    5. Under “Select Version”, click USB Prep Tool v1.3.4, and then click Find.
    6. On the displayed results, download the USB Prep Tool software.

Enjoy,

G.

Testing right now!

Edit: Was trying to backup a DC242 System Version 2.0 (8eR2) but the boot stops after a bit with the error EE-11 which is saying "Failed to retrieve product information" (according to the documentation).

Is there a certain patch level required for this fiery? The ProdID Patch is on it and some others (till 1-U8E58.ps).

Edit2: Patched the Fiery through to all available patches but the driver updates for China and Nordic European countries. Still the Boot to Creat Image stops at EE-11.

Going to test it tomorrow on a DCP700i
    Last edited by sebastian-e-dox; 08-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2