Thread: Fiery with muliple users, Printing preferences window and Preset values

Post Fiery with muliple users, Printing preferences window and Preset values

I installed Ricoh Color 651with Fiery in large organization. I installedthe CWS 5.5 and PS driver version 1.2, on windows 7 and XP in the users workstations.

1. The Printing preferenceswindow is out of screen border make it hard to use see screen capture attached.This seen mainly on users with square screen with res setting 1280x1024, (changescreen res didn't effect). Please advice

2. I want to set to for allthe users same preset values, please advice how this can be done.
    Thanks
    Attached Images

Default Local presets

Hi there,

We are looking into your first issue.

For the second issue - having the same presets for all users, we actually made a feature that handles this (server presets), but unfortunately it's only in System 10 and higher servers. Your server is system 9R2, so we'll have to use a workaround with local presets.

You can save local presets from the print driver, and when you do this we create an XML file under the hood that contains all the preset settings. You can then copy this XML file to other computers.

Here are the paths to the presets:

Win XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Local Settings\Application Data\EFI\JPData\

Win Vista, 7 & 8
    C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\EFI\JPData\Serv er_Name\Presets

You'll need to create at least one preset from the driver for the folder structure and XML files to be created. I would recommend setting up one set of presets, testing them thoroughly, then pushing them out to the users.

I hope this helps!

- Greta.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Wouldn't it also be possible to put this XML on an UNC share or mapped network folder?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

@Oxident - you could certainly try it, but it's not a scenario we support, and could introduce delays or worse.

@AmirNoy - we can't replicate your driver sizing problem, and what's strange is that the driver window isn't even resizable, so technically it shouldn't be able to get into this state. Is the problem occurring on only one machine? Is it possible you could try deleting the printer, uninstalling the driver, and installing again?

- Greta.

Default Driver window Size

Greta Thanks the preset warked.

For the window size problem, I installed the driver on many work stations with Win XP/7, on HP, Lenovo and Dell.
    It seems to be only on Dell PCs, I tried change seting in the screen and graphic card drivers.

Hope this will give you some clue.
    Thanks
    Amir