Thread: Would you like Fiery Clone Tool to support embedded Fiery controllers?

Smile Would you like Fiery Clone Tool to support embedded Fiery controllers?

Hi,

I work in the Fiery Planning Group, and Fiery Clone Tool is one of my projects.
    I have received numerous feature requests to make a version of Fiery Clone Tool for embedded Fiery systems. And I want to make the right tool, to suit the right audience.
    I can see this forum is frequented by not only end users, but also support staff (OEM or dealer analysts, technicians, etc).

With that in mind, my questions to the forum community are:
    1. Would it be helpful to have a Fiery Clone Tool for embedded Fiery controllers? Which particular controllers?
    2. If so, do you anticipate end users using this tool, or just Fiery support staff (OEM or dealer analysts, technicians, etc)?
    3. If you are an end user, do you see a need to use Fiery Clone Tool for your embedded Fiery, and if so, why?
    4. Do you need Mac support for driving the Fiery Clone Tool, as well as PC?

I anticipate this may be a delicate topic for some, so if you have some feedback regarding support contracts etc, please message me privately.
    But if you are an end user with an opinion on this, you can message me or post a reply to this post.

Please note: As we are in the planning stages for this tool, we are just gathering feedback, and cannot guarantee when it will be available.

I appreciate your feedback as always!
    Kind regards,

Greta.

Post Fiery clone tool for embedded server

Greta,

It's great to know that this tool is under development
    I am working for a support department in France, dealing with a lot of cases for european customers.

We have to work with Fiery embedded server in different configurations
    (Version, patched or not) to manage complains from customers and reproduce their issues with their current configuration in order to see what is going wrong with their server.
    So you can imagine how long time we need to manage this when we have to reload server with available patches. As we can uninstall patches easily this clone tool will be our best application to work in these cases.

We already use Fiery clone Tool for External server and it is very useful since we work with : only 10 or 15 mm to reload a server in different country location, different version, different patches loaded,...When we spent more than a day to do the same before it.

Other thinking about this tool is for analyst on the field at customer site.
    When they have to reload customer's server without internet connexion they have to load patches from USB key , CD or External HD and they need a lot of time at customer site during this. The waste time consuming is very important. This tool will be also very appreciated as they appreciate to clone customer server in a working state after their troubleshoot.

PC version is mandatory because of tech assistance (Working with at customer site) Nice to have in MAC version, but not very important.

In waiting for it,
    Thanks for your work on.

Ric

Default Need Fiery Clone Tool

Hi,

Please send this clone utility, we need it to build fiery EXP 5000 Server backup on rizwan@dis.com.pk

regards

This would be so helpful so we could setup older Systems like EX260 for Xerox. Because patching up a new EX260 or 240 (olympia I and II) takes if you do it manually about 4 hours. And you cant give a costumer a ***** DC240/260 with Fiery.

So: Yes Please!

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Hi Greta

I work for a company supporting many Fierys in the field.

1-2. Yes I think it will be beneficial but not nearly as much as the standalones, as installing from system software for the embedded rips is quick from a laptop. Ultimately I don't think it is a good idea to create this with the end user in mind as things can go wrong etc. I certainly would not let our end users fiddle in ths area. In saying this I do think it will be quicker as it saves all the settings etc.
    4. No i wouldn't need Mac support to run the App. Ultimately anyone with a Mac would normally run a version of windows in a VM or the likes.

Moving forward I reckon it would be a good idea to develop a tool like this for the embedded rips.

Cheers

Default Clone Tool for embedded Fiery's? Yes please.

1. Would it be helpful to have a Fiery Clone Tool for embedded Fiery controllers? Which particular controllers? Yes absolutely; Fiery E100 and Fiery X3eTY2, loading system software on these controllers is fairly straight forward, but installing all appropriate patches in the correct order is becoming a time consuming nightmare, so being able to clone a fully patched/configured embedded system would be a god send.

2. If so, do you anticipate end users using this tool, or just Fiery support staff (OEM or dealer analysts, technicians, etc)? Generally it will be analysts or technicians, but certain clients will definitely want to use this tool, as restoring a clone is quite an easy task, and if that client is in a remote location they can restore clone saving time for themselves and for the OEM/dealer support staff.

3. If you are an end user, do you see a need to use Fiery Clone Tool for your embedded Fiery, and if so, why?I am not an end user

4. Do you need Mac support for driving the Fiery Clone Tool, as well as PC?This is not 100% necessary, but it would be nice if possible