Thread: RE: Windows 7 64 bit & Canon ColorPASS Z650

JasonB is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor JasonB is on a distinguished path

Default RE: Windows 7 64 bit & Canon ColorPASS Z650

RE: Windows 7 64 bit & Canon ColorPASS Z650

How can I get 64 bit drivers for a Canon ColorPASS z650? There must be some drivers set somewhere that will work other than the "Generic PS Driver" that is included in the windows update. Please help - it's very urgent that I find a solution to get out of this OS upgrade mess.

Unfortunately, there are no 64 bit drivers available specific to that product as it was discontinued a few years ago.

You might be able to use a driver from a newer Canon/Fiery product such as imagePRESS Server Q2 but this is not supported and as such, you could have unpredictable results.

JasonB is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor JasonB is on a distinguished path

Default RE: Windows 7 64 bit & Canon ColorPASS Z650

Karl,

Thanks for the quick reply. I completely understand that trying this would not be supported; however, in your opinion, would the Q2 Server be the closest server to the Z650 functionality-wise? Meaning, is the copier it drives the most similar to the CLC11xx series that has a x64 BIT driver available or is there another Fiery controller model that has a copier closer in architechture that I might find a better match? I was hoping that there was something for the Z800 because those two are similar enough. Also, do x64 BIT XP or Vista drivers work in Windows 7 x64? this is for a very large corporation that just switched ALL their employees over to Windows 7 x64 and that maxed out their budget -- there is NO room for an entire copier/controller upgrade at the moment and this is cripling their entire graphics and CAD department.