Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2GB limit?

The Limit of 2GB per File is a limitation of the LPR-Protocol.

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

If that is the case why do we not get the issue on the EX560?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by aherzig View Post
    The Limit of 2GB per File is a limitation of the LPR-Protocol.
    Yes, that's right. Still this doesn't explain why I can't "print to file" and then manually import this file into the CWS. I guess, it's a limitation of the Fiery system in general. I've already printed such large files on (PS-enabled) Large Format Printers, like HP's DesignJet without any problems.

My system is a bustled Fiery, attached to a Xerox DC252. And I don't need to tell you what's Xerox answer to my little problem, do I??

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

It may be a file system limitation on the bustled Fiery. (Remember convincing yourself how you could save money by getting the bustle?)

Try importing your PS file to the Direct queue in CWS. File-Import Job (not drag and drop into CWS).

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Well, nobody told me about this restriction but, are you sure the EXP Fiery don't have the same problem? I'm also using an EXP4110 (b/w), which is WinXP based. It has the same problem...

I mean, I'm using Fiery RIPs since almost 12 years now and I was quite shocked that those limitations still exists.

Nevertheless, thanks for your tipp regarding the "import" function. Unfortunately, the jobs still disappears directly after submission.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

The EX for 4110 has the exact same problem bringing 2GB files in to the Hold queue, independent of any lpd/lpr restrictions?

Then it's an issue with the Fiery printing service itself, is my guess.

So you file-import using CWS to the Direct queue, and the job disappears? It shouldn't; the Direct queue is a streaming queue, and the file system isn't in play. It should grab and rip and print as it goes, never even knowing or caring how large the job is.

Make sure your import settings are set to the Direct queue and not the Hold or Print queue.

Is this PDF or Postscript? If it's Postscript, are you missing some showpage operators? If it's PDF, is it Red Book compliant PDF--with each page self contained?

Indeed I already tried the Direct queue and there, it magically disappears... If I'm using the Hold or Print queue, the job will (at least) appear in the Printed queue, but with a size of 0 bytes.

In my point of view, it isn't a fs restriction because on the EX4110, EFI uses NTFS for all relevant partitions and as far as I can guess, EXT3 is used on the DC252 bustled controller.

The file I was trying to send is a PS file which is produced using the Fiery's printer driver, exactly as I would print regularly, except that I've redirected the output to a file. So I guess, the file should be okay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2