Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ImagePress T1 Server with C1 Printer in Snow Leopard

Post Fiery software update seems to work

Karl,

It looks like the v2.0 update has made the difference -- the 10.6 T1 driver is giving me normal results now.

On the Canon download site, this driver says it's for 10.6 *ONLY* -- do you know if there's any reason it can't be used across the board for 10.6 and 10.5 (on Intel and PPC Macs)?

--Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm very glad that resolved the issue.

The reason it was for OSX 10.6 only is because of a difference in how the OS handles permissions for the driver components.

K

Okey-dokey.

Thanks for all your help, Karl. You might consider putting the word out to Canon or including a requirements README w/ the driver that the new driver isn't compatible with Fiery 1.x

--Rob

Unhappy Help! Canon C1 (imagePress) with Efi Fiery server (WorkStation5) and Snow Leopard

Hello All,
    I've been putting this issue off for over six months. Now I can't avoid it as our office will be migrating workstations to Snow Leopard.

Here is the brief--

Our Macs with regular leopard 10.5.8 print wonderfully.
    Our setup is -- Canon C1 printer connected to Fiery Server (PC) running
    Efi Fiery Workstation 5. The driver we are using on OSX 10.5.8 is
    [Canon iPR Server Q2 V2.0 (US)] and it works.

However...

Once I've upgraded a workstation to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (or above)
    printing will not work. I've tried downloading the blessed driver for 10.6 and also
    the [Fiery Print Driver update for OS X v10.6.app]. Nothing works.
    To add to the difficulty, Apple has removed AppleTalk from the system control panel so the only options are to 'add' a printer using "IP" printing, "Default" which includes only Bonjour connections and "Windows" connections. All of which have not worked for me. Or I should say, I've tried and they fail.

To walk through the process- I've attempted adding the printer through Bonjour. Once I added the printer it appears in the print dialogue box. When I attempt to print a document, I receive an error message:
    "Network host 'ServerColorPass.local' is busy; will retry in 20 seconds..."

Now, I receive the same error message whether I set up the printer using Bonjour, IP printing with my specific Fiery address of 10.255.255.1 or if I'm using LDP printing.

I'm not a printer communications protocol guru, but I know a few things about networking and my assessment is that connecting Snow Leopard to a Canon C1 through an Efi Fiery Server seems to be a difficult proposition.

Is it the Efi Fiery server (PC)? Is it the Mac driver and settings?

By the way, I have looked at other recipes and yes: I have now installed Rosetta, I have installed the new Canon driver for OSX 10.6, I have restarted my computer, I have rebooted the Fiery server...non of this helps.

There are a lot of very bright people in this Efi forum so I'm reaching out to you. I need your help. Attached to this post is a screen grab of the error. Thank you in advance for all your help.

-] Franz

shmegenke is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

Is 10.255.255.1 the actual IP you are trying to connect to? The reason I ask is that this is the same IP as used by the Fiery on the Interface between the Fiery and the copier (the private network). What is the IP address of the Fiery as it appears on the configuration page?

Default ImagePress T1 Server with C1 Printer in Snow Leopard

shmegenke,
    There are two IP addresses I found on the Efi Fiery (PC). I have tried them both and still receive the printer error message. The first was 10.255.255.1 and the second IP address was 171.169.26.30. I've tried both addresses in IP Printing, LDP printing to no avail. Any ideas?
    -] Franz

Not an ideal fix, but we used a workaround for our 2 new Leopard machines.

We shared the printer from another mac and added that printer to the Leopard machines.
    Canon C6000
    Fiery version A2100
    CWS version 5.2

Default We are currently employing this technique however...

Mac_Paris,
    Thank you for this work-around. We are currently employing this technique. We have five OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard) work stations and two OSX 10.6.7 (SnowLeopard) workstations. The SnowLeopard work stations are routing their print jobs by sending them to the Leopard 10.5.8 workstations with "Print-Share" activated.
    Although this works for now, we are going to have trouble when all the workstations are upgraded to SnowLeopard. At that point no one will be able to send print jobs to the Canon C1.
    I have contacted Canon specifically about this issue and their customer service has been very poor. I have reached out to Efi only to be directed to the Tech Forums. So my understanding is that we are fending for ourselves and attempting to help one another. Although I am appreciative of all the talent and intelligence here, I can't help but to be utterly disappointed with Canon and Efi for pushing driver problems off to us, the consumer. My office is paying a considerable amount of money to lease this Canon C1 with Efi Fiery workstation and we are simply not receiving due diligence from them. A sad commentary indeed.
    However, I don't wish to sit here and only complain. Let's work through this driver issue for SnowLeopard. If anyone has ideas, settings, terminal commands, third party CUPs drivers, code blocks...anything possible solution, please let me know.
    All information is appreciated.

franz.stary@transamerica.com

Thank you.

Hi Transamerica,

Sorry you are still experiencing these issues.

Please check your inbox for a private message.

Many Thanks,

K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2