Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ImagePress T1 Server with C1 Printer in Snow Leopard

Unhappy ImagePress T1 Server with C1 Printer in Snow Leopard

Good afternoon!

I've spent the past several hours trying to get help from Canon with no success. Can someone please help!?

Since going to 10.6, we cannot print to our C1 printer w/ T1 server. The 10.6 blessed driver showed up on Canon's site last month. It installs, and I can select and print, but paper output never materializes.

If I watch CWS, the job shows up in the queue, status goes from "Processing" to "Printed" very quickly, with no actual "Printing" step that I see when I print from other systems.

Using the generic postscript driver works fine, only the T1 driver fails. Is anyone successfully using Snow Leopard to print to T1? This is becoming a major problem for me, and Canon's ham-handed support is infuriating.

Hi blueduckpictures

I have not seen this behavior with this driver in my testing.

However, it's possible something may have gotten corrupted during installation.

I'm sending you a link to a fresh image of the driver. Please check your private messages.

Best Regards,

K

Default Still no good -- what about my server software version?

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the response -- sadly, I'm having no better results. If I send to the Hold queue, a simple one-page doc shows that it is one page in CWS. After I release to print, it shows in the "printed" list as being 0 pages, and nothing is physically printed.

A config page from the server shows Software: EFI Fiery System 8e version 1.01 -- is is possible I need to update the Fiery software? I'm at wit's end.

--Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm sorry to hear that didn't resolve the problem.

There is an update to the T1 - V2.0. Your Canon dealer should be able to install this for you. I highly recommend this update as there were many fixes included in this version.

Best Regards,

Karl

Default Are these two drivers different in an important way?

Looking for alternatives, since I'm stuck here -- when I look at drivers for the C1 (I assume I can't use them?) I see two different options here:

iR-PSv3.10_MacOSX.zip:
    PS v3.10 MAC PS Printer Driver for Macintosh OS X supports the Power PC: Mac OS X v10.4.9 to v10.5.8 & Intel: Mac OS X v10.4.9 to v10.6.3.

CanonPPD_v2.85.zip:
    imageRUNNER, Color imageRUNNER and imagePRESS PPD v2.85 for Macintosh OS9.1 or later / OSX 10.2.8 or 10.6.2

Do I need / should I avoid either of these? All I've been doing is installing the one T1 v2 installer that's listed for the T1 server..

--Rob

Hi Rob,

Those other drivers you mentioned are for the Canon (Non-Fiery) controllers.
    I would avoid using these with your T1.

In your private message to me, you indicated that this same problem happens from all your systems running V10.6. So (just to be certain) we have to look at what is common to all the systems - including the Fiery itself (which I'm beginning to suspect is the culprit). Is the problem happening from the same application on all Macs? Is there one application where this happens more than others? Does the problem happen regardless of the application?

I'd still recommend getting V2.0 of the T1 system software loaded as that is the system sw version this driver was optimized for.

Many Thanks,

Karl

Hi Karl,

Yes - From all apps, and I get the same problem on a machine that was imaged as I do on a machine that's had 10.6 installed from scratch. I'm in the process now of installing 10.6 new onto a macbook pro and will just run OS updates and install the T1 driver to confirm it's not a conflict with any other installed software.

We're experiencing the same problem on our C1/T1 units in the other office.

I've placed a service call requesting the Fiery software be updated by Canon. You said the driver is "optimized" for v2.0 of the Fiery software -- is there any way to confirm that it's not compatible w/ the 1.x version we've got?

--Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that update.

The fact that the same exact problem is happening in another office, could be related. It could still be some kind of conflict with other installed software so I think testing this against a clean 10.6 mac is very much worth trying.

By "optimized" for V2.0 of the system software, I meant that this driver was developed for this specific system software version and that V2.0 of the T1 is the version for which the driver was QA tested.

It's possible that the V2.0 driver might work with older system sw version however, your results could be unpredictable. As such, this (using V2.0 driver for V1.01 T1)isn't supported.

Many Thanks,

Karl

Ok I'll let you know my results here.

In the meantime, is there an alternate way (besides the PS driver) to print to that device?

Okay, have verified no joy with a bare-bones fresh OSX 10.6.3 (fully updated) system. The Printed queue shows the job w/ 0 pages printed, and nothing reaches the printer itself.

I'm now waiting for Canon to update the Fiery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast