+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery disconnecting from copier

Default Fiery disconnecting from copier

Ok, I've got a bit of an interesting one here. I posted a while back about Hot Folders and wondering if it would be designed to run as a background service in the future. Well, it turns out I've got a problem linked to how I have to run things right now.

Here's what I was doing until yesterday... I've been running Hot Folders off the Fiery on my C900 to send to all 3 of my Fierys in the shop. I've been having problems with that Fiery randomly disconnecting when people try to print to it. They weren't using the Hot Folders, just trying to print directly to the C900. When this problem would happen, I would get a "Functional Problem Detected" error on the copier screen, no error code given. The only way to get everything working again, is to completely shut down both copier and Fiery and bring everything back on together.

I originally chalked it up to bugs or whatever and had the techs look at it. They had no clue why it was doing this, but did some firmware updates to the C900 to see if that resolved anything. Well, it didn't so we were still left scratching our heads.

I figured I'd give one more thing a try to see what I could eliminate as a possible culprit. I stopped using Hot Folders on the C900 and set them up on the 1357ex Fiery. I've had ZERO problems to date with that Fiery, so I figured it was a good one to use.

Well, that was yesterday and guess what happened today... that Fiery disconnected from that copier! I'm going to keep it up and running for a while longer to see if the problem happens again, but I'm certain it will given that the 1357ex Fiery has been running for 3 months without a single problem.

Now, here's the way my operation is setup. None of my Fierys have the FACI kit, I use remote desktop to logon. In order to use Hot Folders on them, I have to keep a remote session active, by simply disconnecting it. I don't know if the issue is being caused directly by Hot Folders or if it's linked to the Remote Desktop component of XP. Regardless, it's a problem I figured I'd bring up to the Fiery powers that be to see what they say. Thanks!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

What version of Hotfolders are you running?

My guess is you have 2.6.0.01. Ricoh should have 2.6.0.02 available. That one is supposed to address this issue.

You may need to ask Ricoh for that version though since I can see that Ricoh-USA is distributing the version which accompanies CWS5 (HotFolders v3.1). That version can't and shouldn't be installed on a Fiery controller.

You are indeed correct, the version of Hot Folders is in fact 2.6.0.01 and the only version I can see downloadable from Ricoh is 3.1.0.31. I was able to grab version 2.4.0.07a from the EFI ftp site, will that one work?
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

+ Reply to Thread