Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot Folders as a background service??

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

It's a Happy Drive...
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hello,

my customer is using Hotfolders at a dedicated Windows 7 Workstation. They want to use Hotfolders as a service.
    Is there any possiblity to run the Hotfolders Application without 3rd Party Software?

Thanks for your reply!

Regards

Not at this stage, it's a feature we'd like to do in the future.
    For now you will need 3rd party tools to make Hot Folders run as a service.

Further up in this thread a very helpful user posted a 'how to' guide for this

Yea, I just came in today to report on this very issue. I run the hotfolders on a server I remote into. But if I disconnect from the server, it stops running. Work isn't getting to the printer.

I'll try that 3rd party software but they keep these servers pretty well locked down, so wish me luck!

Unless you use some of the legacy graphic arts filters like TIFF-IT I would like to encourage everyone to consider the free version of Fiery JobFlow as an officially, supported method to run hot folders like functionality as a service. More information at http://efi.com/fieryjobflow.

Fiery JobFlow Base (the free version) offers almost the same functionality but is able to run as a background service, offers email based notifications and is able to pull jobs in to a workflow from SMB locations.

You can install Fiery JobFlow via Fiery Software Manager. If you install CWS or Hot Folders on Windows based platforms you will also see Fiery JobFlow as an installable option.

Hans, Product Manager Fiery JobFlow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2