Thread: Canon ir 4080

Default Canon ir 4080

Hey, I am having issues with the canon ir c4080. I have tried setting profiles for this printer but they seem to always default back to 0. I was wondering if there was anyway to keep the mailbox from 2 to chaanging back to 0. The printer is on a network and many of my associates use this they all have specific mailboxes they need for the printer. does anyone know how to keep the mailboxes from defaulting back to 0 Thank you.

Hi cliakas,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please indicate which model of Fiery controller you have connected to your Canon ir c4080? Is this an imagePASS H1, ColorPASS GX100 or ColorPASS GX200?

Which version of system software is currently installed on your Fiery?

Is this Windows or Mac?

If Windows - Are you using the PCL driver or PostScript driver?

Regards,

Karl

Hey thanks for the reply Karl, The controller is gx100. I am running it on windows, The version is 2.0. ANy thoughts?

Hi cliakas

Thanks for your response.

I'm sorry but I'm still not clear on this as we didn't make a version 2.0 of the ColorPASS GX100.

Anyhow, it sounds like you have an external controller so we'll go with that info.

If you have already defined presets with the mailbox you want to use - Please skip this line and go to next paragraph.
    To create preset, select the mailbox you want to print to and then on the upper left side of the driver dialog, you will
    see the "Preset" pulldown menu. In the presets pulldown menu, select "Save Current Job Template" and then in the "Preset" dialog,
    type the name you want to assign to this preset and click "OK".

Next go to the "Printers and Faxes" (or "Printers" in Vista or Win 7) control panel.
    Right click on the icon for the desired printer and then select "Printing Preferences". Once you are in the printing preferences, go to "Presets" and select the preset you created. Then, click on "Apply" and "OK" at the bottom of the printing preferences window.

Now when you go to print from an application to this printer, the driver should default to the preset you selected in
    "Printing Preferences".

Regards,

Karl