Thread: "Bad range" error when specifying stock in Impose *PIC included*

Default "Bad range" error when specifying stock in Impose *PIC included*

I have a 126 page PDF that I imposed to repeat 2-up on 11x17. Most of the pages are being printed on 11x17 "Thin paper" while ~8 separator pages are being printed on "2-sided coated 4"

I can click on the "Default Media" link beneath the sheets I want to specify as 2-sided coated 4 for all but 2 of them. The 2 that I can't come up with the error you see above.

How do I fix this?

Hi ses,

Thank you for your post.

In testing this issue, I find that I cannot reproduce this problem as I understand it from your description.

Could you please provide details as to how the job was initially setup, the complete exact steps you followed in PIC as well as the model and version of your Fiery controller?

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T
    Hi ses,

Thank you for your post.

In testing this issue, I find that I cannot reproduce this problem as I understand it from your description.

Could you please provide details as to how the job was initially setup, the complete exact steps you followed in PIC as well as the model and version of your Fiery controller?

Karl
    Sorry for the delay.

We have the imagePress A3100 server attached to a Canon C7000VP running Version 2.0

The job was initially setup in InDesign, then converted into a PDF (8.5x11"). I imported the job into Command Workstation 5 and did the following via the Impose tool:
    • Set page size to 11x17
    • Set layout to landscape
    • Used gangup-repeat
    • Checked the box for centering on page
    • Selected long-edge binding

After this was finished, I clicked the "Default Media" below the pages I wished to print on a different type of media and selected it from the dropdown menu. It works fine for all but 2 of the sheets and I've noticed two things:

1) It only happens with sheets that are near other sheets being placed on different media

2) If I click "OK" to the "Bad range" error, click "cancel" on the Page/Page Range Media box, click "Default Media" again, then select from the "Media" dropdown menu the first custom paper media I have it will work. I'm using this as a workaround right now by telling the printer that the custom media is located in the drawer that my particular media is in.

Hi ses,

Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to reproduce the problem as you described.

Would you be able to attach a sample file that reproduces the problem?

Karl