Thread: Command Workstation 4 and 5

Default Command Workstation 4 and 5

Command workstation does not update the queue after sitting a while. We have to log off and back on. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Default Command Workstation 4 and 5

Command workstation does not update the queue after sitting a while. We have to log off and back on. Has anyone found a fix for this?

We may have already logged a bug for this issue. Can you tell me what versions of CWS 4 and 5 that you're running? Also, what device (s) are you connecting too? When you say it doesn't update the queue, do you mean that after it's been sitting a while and you send a job, it doen't show up? If that's the case, does the job print? Is CWS locked up at this point or does it just not update?

If it is what I think it is there is a workaround:

Workaround: I tested this on numerous machines, all with the same result. CWS locks when job is being printed. I did find a workaround. Print the job from the hold queue, tab to the printed queue and back to the hold queue. JP's are now functional. The same works while printing from the printed queue. Tab over to the hold queue and JP's are available, tab back and they are available there as well.

Thanks, Craig
    Last edited by Craig M; 03-04-2010 at 08:20 AM.

hI,

I think we have a similar problem, we are going to try the recommended workaround.

can I ask whether you use hotfolders? and whether you have any errors in your event viewer under application log referring to error event 1002?

Thanks

Matt