+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Processes Hang and White Box

I see today that it also happens when I just preview Word or Excel document attachments in Outlook 2007.

Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the additional information I will investigate this further and post my results.
    Matt Mikkelsen-Pope

Hi Scott,
    I've done tests with XP and Vista running Office 2007. Previewing Excel files in Outlook will launch a background instance of Excel, this also happens previewing PowerPoint files in Outlook. Since Word is the email editor I did not see a background instance of Word launch when previewing Word files in Outlook. In all of my tests the background instances of Excel and PowerPoint exit when quiting Outlook. I also did not see an instance of any office application hang in the background. Launching the office applications independently of Outlook did not hang in the background. Have you tried uninstalling Fiery VUE to see is this error still reproduces? Go to the Start menu, Programs, Fiery, Uninstall VUE.
    Matt Mikkelsen-Pope

Arrow

Sorry, I did not see this until today, when I updated from 1.0 to 1.0.2.

This issue still persisted, so I uninstalled VUE, and it stopped happening.

Then I downloaded 1.0.2 from EFI.com and installed it fresh, and now it's happening again.

So it still seems like VUE on my PC is doing it...

Hi Scott,

- From Microsoft Word choose the Office Button, Word Options and then Add-Ins.
    - At the bottom of the Add-Ins section choose Com Add-Ins from Manage and then choose Go.
    - Uncheck the ODF Add-in for Microsoft Office (or the FieryWordAddIn) and choose OK.
    - Close out of Word and close any remaining instances of Word.exe with Task Manager.
    - Keeping Task Manager open, launch Word and then close Word to see if Winword.exe closes properly.

The same steps should work in Excel. Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Question

That does "work" but forces me to choose ODF or VUE...

Hi Scott,

Thank you for confirming.

This only means that we've been able to replicate the problem which allows us to work toward a better solution. We will follow up with you as soon we have any new information regarding a better workaround or solution.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Hi Scott,

A fix for this issue is now in Fiery VUE 1.0.3. You may wish to update and confirm if you haven't already.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Cool

Yay, now I don't have to kill Word or Excel every time. Only took five months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2