+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VUE and Word not playing nice

Question VUE and Word not playing nice

Installed VUE on XP SP2 with Office 2003.
    The FieryVUE icon is present in the toolbar in Excel and PowerPoint, but not in Word. I can open Excel and PowerPoint files, as well as pdfs in VUE, but I get an error trying to open a Word doc. The error will not show up until I try to open another file, then that file (if not a Word doc) will open and the error will show. The error states: "Error Processing the File" with the file path. Files are in the My Documents folder, so there should be no permissions issues.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled VUE. I looked for the Office 2005 link (I do not remember what it was called exactly) that VUE installs during its install process to try and uninstall/reinstall that, but cannot find it.

Any ideas on how to get Word functionality?
    Brian Miller
    Lewan and Assoc.
    http://www.lewan.com

Testing on a XP SP2 Client with MS Office 2003 and Word 2003 SP3, we do not see this issue.

Can you confirm if you right-click on the Word toolbar, Fiery is listed and checked on to appear in the application toolbar? If listed and unchecked, you will need to check to add to your toolbar.

Also what is your MS Word version if different from ours noted above?

It is Word 2003 SP3, and I do not have Fiery listed in my toolbar list.
    Brian Miller
    Lewan and Assoc.

Thank you for verifying. Can you check this additioanl option and let us know your result?

Open New Word document , go to Help->About Microsoft Office Word->Disabled items and see if FieryVUEWordAddIn is showing as disabled, if yes then enable it.

FieryVUE does NOT show in the disabled programs list
    Brian Miller
    Lewan and Assoc.

Default Fiery Plug-Ins

Hi Brian,

Thank you for providing the information about your system. The installer will add a prerequisite Microsoft Office Tools 2005. Uninstalling VUE does not remove this component and it will not be listed when installing again.

The problem with processing .doc files and the missing Fiery plug-in for Word maybe related having multiple versions of Microsoft Office products installed, for example Office 2003 and Office 2007 being installed on the same system. We thoroughly tested installing Fiery VUE on systems with different combinations of Microsoft Office 2003 and Office 2007. If the Excel and PowerPoint plug-ins are installed then the plug-ins and installer are probably working correctly. Word may have been in a bad state during installation. Since Outlook can use Word as the default text editor you will need to quit all Office applications before installing Fiery VUE.

Thanks, Matt
    Last edited by Matt_MP; 01-28-2010 at 04:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread