Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiery Print Driver update for OS X v10.6

Default Fiery Print Driver update for OS X v10.6

I wont use Xerox CD260 with MacOS 10.6, i can not Print on Mac after upgrade from 10.5 of 10.6.

A update available by Xerox Supportpage:
    • Fiery Print Driver update for OS X v10.6
    "This utility application modifies the “permissions” on the Fiery CUPS filter file and folder so that users can print on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with Fiery Driver 2.9 and 3.0"

Where can I find this Driver 2.9 or 3.0? So I can update this. Please Help!!!
    Thank you.

To download and install the driver that you are looking for:
    1. On a Mac 10.6, open a web browser.
    2. In the address bar, enter the IP address of your Fiery. This will take you to your Fiery's Webtools page.
    3. Select the Downloads tab.
    4. Next to 'Printer Files', click the link under Mac OSX. An OSX DMG volume will be downloaded.
    5. Open the OSX DMG volume.
    6. In the 'Printer Driver' folder, run the OSX Installer.
    7. Install the printer driver on your Mac following product documentation.
    8. Run 'Fiery Print Driver update for OS X v10.6'.

Default IP Address

I tried putting my IP address on the address bar of the web browser. It didn't work. I know that it's the correct IP address because I got it from the Fiery's configuration.

What do I do?

Drivers can be obtained from Xerox support website or from your User S/w DVD, if the Web services are not enabled on your Fiery.
    You then need to run the Fiery CUPS filter fix (Fiery driver updater) to address the permissions issue when printing from 10.6.

Hope this helps,

l-

Default IP address

We have Konica Minolta. The instructions say that the Fiery Driver 2.9/3.0 must be installed. How do I install the Fiery Driver 2.9/3.0 if I can't gain access to my IP address and the fiery driver available through Konica Minolta is for 1.0?

Default IP address

I do have acces to our internet ip address. Can I do anything with that?
    192.168.1.1 is our internet IP address and our fiery IP address is 192.168.1.5 (which I can't access by putting it in the web browser).

Default Accessing the Fiery via Safari

Turn off Block Pop-Up Windows. If you use Firefox, it alerts you to the fact that a pop-up was blocked. Safari does not.
    You will be presented with a login window. If guest logins are allowed, you'll need to click OK, then click Installer and the software download links will be visible for both Windows and Mac. Even OS 9 for some reason.
    Attached Images  

Default Accessing the Fiery via Safari

Thanks for you information lexicon5. I'm not too knowledgeable in this stuff. I type in the fiery IP address on the address bar in Safari. When I do that it just tells me that Safari can't connect to the server...

Default Printing in only certain applications in OSX 10.6

I have a client that is having printing issues with certain MAC applications.

He prints fine in Word or Safari but when he tries to print in entourage of in iphoto the job just drops.

This is a J1 fiery and the MAC is a MAC Book with OSX 10.6, and the printer is a Canon iRC2880 with Dept ID managment turned on so it needs to have a code to print.

I set this MAC up before and everything worked just great, but then the client had to reload the OS for some reason, and now when the client tried to print out of the above applications he can no longer print in certain apps.

The driver is missing certain features in Entourage and iPhoto, but is normal in Word or Safari.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

shmegenke is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

Hi seantydingco

I'm pretty sure Canon never released an updated J1 driver for OSX 10.6.
    I would almost expect odd behavior like this if the driver isn't fully supported on OSX 10.6

You may have better luck getting the Intel Mac driver from this Canon link J1 Drivers

Then after installing the driver, use EFI's 10.6 update tool available at this link

Beyond that, from what I've seen there is no support currently for OSX 10.6 for the J1. Probably a good time to get in contact with your regional Canon Support Organization and put in a request for this. Just a thought.
    Last edited by shmegenke; 09-14-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: link correction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast