Thread: EFI Hotfolders and job tickets

Default EFI Hotfolders and job tickets

I'm not sure if this is doable or not - but I'm wanting to configure several different hot folders with different configurations depending on various products I'm printing. I have the hot folders configured and they are working. I'm needing to be able to dynamically send differing copy counts for the jobs being requested and thought it would possibly be doable with some type of job ticketing mechanism that might be built into the EFI hot folders. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so is there a sample job ticket floating around? BTW - I do not want to configure hot folders for each specific copy count I'd need since I would have an unmanageable number of them to setup.

BTW - all the documents required to be printed are pdf files.

In lieu of this being done with a job ticket - is there any kind of embeddable JCL I can embed in the front of the pdf files that would be understood by the EFI hot folder mechanism to achieve this dynamic copy count?

TNHunter,

Have you resolved your issue? I am about to need similar job control, and have managed such jobs via XPIF prepending on DocuSP/Freeflow, JDF on Nexpress/HP Document Manager, or PS control files on HP SRS.

If you have, perhaps you could post your solution here?

-Thanks
    -Lou

Default How about JDF?

This could be accomplished with a JDF job ticket.

Can you give us more details on your setup?

- What is the Fiery model and version
    - What is the application/system you are using to emit these PDFs?
    - Is the application JDF compliant?

The more details the better!