Thread: A little guidance please =)

Default A little guidance please =)

OK, i'm trying to manage my MFP devices on the network. Specifically,
    Konica 550
    Konica Di7210
    2x Color Minolta bizhub cf3102

I've installed Fiery Command Workstation 5 and can connect to all devices as admin. I go into the device center and would like to manage some network settings. To do this i click the "configure" button which initiates a java window and setting buttons. I get two types of java windows. one says v. 1.200.83 Electronics For Imaging, Inc. with a blue background and 4 java buttons at top left named: Server Setup, Network Setup, Printer Setup, and Reboot Server. The other java configure window i get and the other says Configure v2.0.102. (which I prefer).

Konica 550 = v2.0.102
    Konica Di7210 = v. 1.200.83
    2x Color Minolta bizhub cf3102 = v. 1.200.83

One of Minolta's asks for SNMP read/write info which I don't have. Tried public/private with no luck. All three of the v 1.200.83 configure windows do not have an option to disable SNMP ?

I do see this and other options in v.2.0.102????

I would love to upgrade all these devices using v2 but am not sure if this is possible or where to begin.

Your time, feedback, and expertise is appreciated.

THANK U

Gabe

ps. Also, when i go to the web ip for the Konica 550 i get a slick efi fiery gui. that can launch the configure java v2 window too. Has this all have to do with software on the device or does installing a newer driver give me more.

pss. If it's software on the device how can I install / upgrade this?

THANKS again !!!
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by fierynoob; 10-14-2009 at 10:38 AM.

The Fiery driving the C550 does support CWS5. However, your other Fierys are older System 5/5.5 systems. So for these, CWS5 is not supported (some functions will not work correctly).
    Please refer to http://www.efi.com/CWS5/FierySupport/

There is no way that you can update the WebTools interface on the older Fierys to match that of the one you prefer on the C550

Default thanks for quick response

So maybe use an older Fiery Command Workstation version to connect to the older devices or will this just give me the same old v. java window?

OR

does anyone know of another way to disable snmp on these devices that don't have that option in the java configure fiery setup window? i've searched all buttons and tabs and i don't see snmp option????

update: scratch older version. brings up same java configure window. I like the new FCW btw:

I thought about going into the device console options but IP settings is greyed out? I would like to turn off or change SNMP settings from the console if I can't get to it remotely. =) ???? ideas welcome........ thanks.
    Last edited by fierynoob; 10-14-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Yes, use CWS4 to connect to the older Fierys. You will still see the older Java window.
    However, through this interface you will not be able to configure SNMP. To do that you will have to get into Fiery Setup through the copier front panel interface.

At copier, push "Utility" button. Then on LCD display, select "Controller Detail". What you then see is Fiery controller interface. Get into menus and navigate to Network Setup, then Service Setup. Here you'll find SNMP setup.