Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiery - Mac OS 10.6 Support

Arrow Fiery - Mac OS 10.6 Support

EFI has released an update which enables printing with Fiery drivers for products using the Fiery Driver 2.9 and older Fiery Driver 3.0 versions. Please visit our download site and view the section "EFI Software" for Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater. A direct link to this location is below.

http://services.efi.com/support/driv...osx_106&ver=NA

Running this utility is required and will enable printing. This fix applies to 32-bit applications. 64-bit applications must use 32-bit compatibility mode to allow printing via older Fiery Drivers. Please read the release notes carefully for installation instructions and for reconfiguring your printer.

Note, this update is localized only in English. Another update utulity will be posted later this month for all languages.
    Last edited by Gary_S; 09-18-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Default Lone Mac os-X user in MS dominated Office NEEDS INSTALL HELP

Hi, pathetically, I am the lone Mac user in a MS dominated office. We have a Toshiba eStudio282. I am having driver install issues.

I visited the Toshiba website for printer driver downloads and got (1) .dmg for e-ST280_283Srs and (2) another .dmg called "OSX," which when mounted has (i) Harmony Installer and (ii) a folder called "Printer Driver" with a file named "OSX Installer".

Questions:
    1) Guidance needed on whether I need to even install (1) Harmony Installer, (2) OSX Installer...
    2) e-ST280_283Srs will not install. I tried to install but the install failed. Do I need this? ..... If "yes" then is there an update you know of? Or do I just need to install Harmony Installer or something like that...

I am running a Mac-Mini 1.83 core-2 Duo with 2gb-RAM and Mac OS-X 10.5.6-Snow Leopard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

- Humbled One

Default Mac OS 10.6 support

I have got full driver functionality using the Windows PPD. Layout is messy, but it all works.

Tom

You may want to try installing the driver available from the Fiery Controller providing WebTools is enabled on the Fiery controller.

1. Enter the IP address of the Fiery in the address bar of Safari
    2. Choose the downloads tab and the the OSX Printer Files, the file downloaded will be OSX.dmg.
    3. OSX.dmg will open with a Harmony Installer and a Printer Driver Folder. Run the OSX Installer in the Printer driver Folder.
    4. Once the installer completes add the printer in Print and Fax.

Default CWS5 10.6 Issues

Before the upgrade to 10.6 I had an issue getting CWS5 to launch at all but found out that by installing the program from my admin account proved to work. After installing on the admin account and logging back into my daily account I was able to launch CWS5 with no problem.

But now I'm having a different set of issues. I installed the program on my admin account and was able to successfully launch the program from both accounts, BUT, for some reason my daily account isn't showing the tray information but my admin account does.

But that's not the worst of it. On both accounts the Spot Color library shows all black dots and when I double-click on the patch all the legend color changers are a grass green color. But if I print the patch the color prints out properly. That doesn't help me change colors since the legend is always green making it impossible to know what effect I'm having on the color.

I'm running a Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 with a Fiery Pro 80 with FACI.

Arrow CWS 5 - 10.6 Support

MLangston,

The current version of CWS 5 (CWS 5.0.1.15) does not yet support Mac 10.6. EFI will be releasing a version of CWS 5 in the near future, which will fully support Mac 10.6. In the mean time, please run the current version of CWS on Windows or Mac 10.5.

When the updated version of CWS 5 is available, we will be announcing it in this user forum.

This string is regarding support for Mac 10.6 via print driver. See the details of this string, or contact your printer supplier for updated drivers.

Thanks,

Gary

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Printing 10.6 to Ricoh MPC6000 Workaround

One of my customers came up with the following workaround:

"I found a work around that allows me to print to the MPC6000 from my new Mac with OSX 10.6. This would be helpful if you know others with the same problem.

Using a Mac with OSX 10.4, I set up the MPC6000 on it as a shared printer. I then added the shared printer to my new Mac, making sure to use the MPC6000's PPDs. I then print through the shared printer with no problems. "

Also note the information at the beginning of this thread.
    EFI has released an update which enables printing with Fiery drivers for products using the Fiery Driver 2.9 and older Fiery Driver 3.0 versions. Please visit our download site and view the section "EFI Software" for Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater. A direct link to this location is below.

http://services.efi.com/support/driv...osx_106&ver=NA

Running this utility is required and will enable printing. This fix applies to 32-bit applications. 64-bit applications must use 32-bit compatibility mode to allow printing via older Fiery Drivers. Please read the release notes carefully for installation instructions and for reconfiguring your printer.

Note, this update is now localized only in 16 languages.

Question Fiery 10.6 Mac User Software

I use OSX 10.6 on Mac.
    I have run this update, but nothing happened.
    This update need Fiery Driver 2.9 and 3.0. Where can find this?

Default CSW 5.1.0.33 don't work OS 10.6.2 (italian)

when job like administrator, I cannot open the properties of Job.
    I do not have no message of error.
    I can but use all the other functions.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast