Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fiery - Mac OS 10.6 Support

Eureka ..... CSW5 now finally works properly.
    Many thanks
    Mark

Hi Seanfhaynes,

How long are you waiting after the searching the HD part? I suspect the installer is not hung up. Please give the installer a few minutes to run and see if it completes as expected.

Thank you,
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_W
    Hi Seanfhaynes,

How long are you waiting after the searching the HD part? I suspect the installer is not hung up. Please give the installer a few minutes to run and see if it completes as expected.

Thank you,
    Bruce
    I thought the same thing so I left it overnight ... Thank you for answering sometimes it's hard to find help

it goes through the
    harmony installer
    job properties installer
    EFI_lib installer

then goes back to the screen that says 17 installs remaining and searching macintosh HD

it there a way to remove any files that it copied to the drive to start fresh?

TIA

Yes. You can run the Fiery Software Uninstaller for OSX located here.

http://services.efi.com/support/driv...&ver=10.4-10.6

Thank you,
    Bruce

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_W
    Yes. You can run the Fiery Software Uninstaller for OSX located here.

http://services.efi.com/support/driv...&ver=10.4-10.6

Thank you,
    Bruce
    ran the uninstaller and then tried again still no luck
    created a new admin user and tried to install there no luck
    tried to repair permissions and no luck

Which Fiery controller do you have?

Thank you,
    Bruce

we have the xerox workcenter 7435 EFI

Default CWS 5.x

I have had issues as well. The main issue is not being able to calibrate. I have this problem on my macBook Pro 10.5 and have had it on customers macs as well.
    I am guessing that the problem is centered around Java versions being too new for the versions of CWS.
    This was a common problem with the old Mac CWS.

any comments from a moderator?

e

I support a client who is having difficulty printing from a number of their OS X 10.6.4 machines to the Fiery that is installed with their Konica Minolta C450. The Fiery drivers that I download from Webtools are for . Interestingly, I was able to get one client machine working, but following the same steps that I did on that machine, I am unable to get the others working. The drivers all appear to install correctly, yet when I select the “Fiery Features” to enter in the department passcode, none of the Job Info ‘fiery features’ appear except on the first machine that I performed the install on. Our local Konica rep advised me on the same steps that I have been following, install Rosetta, install the drivers, and then run the EFI OS X 10.6 Updater. I have also tried manually changing the fierycupsfilter permissions, and even copy-pasting everything EFI-related that I could from the working machine to the non-working machine. Does anyone else have any other troubleshooting steps that could assist me?

Thanks

Russ Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Russnewcomer View Post
    I support a client who is having difficulty printing from a number of their OS X 10.6.4 machines to the Fiery that is installed with their Konica Minolta C450. The Fiery drivers that I download from Webtools are for . Interestingly, I was able to get one client machine working, but following the same steps that I did on that machine, I am unable to get the others working. The drivers all appear to install correctly, yet when I select the “Fiery Features” to enter in the department passcode, none of the Job Info ‘fiery features’ appear except on the first machine that I performed the install on. Our local Konica rep advised me on the same steps that I have been following, install Rosetta, install the drivers, and then run the EFI OS X 10.6 Updater. I have also tried manually changing the fierycupsfilter permissions, and even copy-pasting everything EFI-related that I could from the working machine to the non-working machine. Does anyone else have any other troubleshooting steps that could assist me?

Thanks

Russ Newcomer
    Find on-line software "Fiery Remove application". After install driver.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast