+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impose Prints Demo Mode Only

Unhappy Impose Prints Demo Mode Only

We installed CWS 5 on the external Fiery driving our Xerox 250. We did a complete upgrade from 4.6.0.30. Everything is fine until we print an imposed job. It saves as a demo & prints as a demo. We moved the dongle from the USB hub to the front of the Fiery Box & restarted, problem NOT Solved.

We downloaded CS5 workstation for our Mac, put the dongle in the Mac & it prints fine. Why won't it work on the Fiery?

Exclamation It's possible the dongle driver has become corrupt

Badger,

We've not had many reports of it happening, but it is possible the dongle driver was corrupt during the upgrade process. Why it works on the Mac might be due to you not having the previous Mac version on that machine, so it is only using the 5.x driver.

Can you try uninstalling CWS 5 on the Fiery. Try then reinstalling the 4.x version you are running, and confirm the dongle is working. It's possible to have CWS 5 coexist with CWS 4 on the same machine. When you install CWS 5, do not upgrade your existing version. Then confirm the dongle is working on both.

If you choose to, you may later remove the CWS 4.x version, once you are comfortable in 5.x

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Gary_S; 09-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.

I have the very same problem. Allthough I am running dual CWS4 and CWS5.
    Imposing are no problem in CWS4, but in CWS5 I get the DEMO text printed over the page.

I run a Xerox 5000 with a Fiery EXP50 RIP. It runs on Windows XP Embedded.

I have tried to uninstal and re-instal CWS5, but without any help. Even moved the the dongle between the various USB ports.

The funny thing is that CWS4 imposes even when the dongle isn't present.

I have tried to upgrade the HASP driver from Aladdin: However, the latest driver did not support WinXP Embeded.

Any ideas?

We did a complete uninstall of 5. & Reinstalled 4. Works great now. We plan on trying to reinstall 5 & use 4 & 5 on the machine, but don't have time yet.

I am a bit reluctant to re-install CWS4 when it works perfectly as it is.
    And after re-installing CWS5, CWS4 still works, but CWS5 still can't detect the dongle for some reason. I have tried the dongle on my workstation with CWS5 and then it works.

The Impose version from the EXP250 included Acrobat 6. The new CWS5 only supports Acrobat 7, 8 and 9 on Windows, 8 and 9 MacOSX.

When using CWS5 with Acrobat6, you would print imposed jobs in demo mode.

Please upgrade your version of Acrobat if not done yet.

thank you

l-

We have Acrobat 7 standard edition installed.

+ Reply to Thread