Thread: Customer JDF Integrations

Default Customer JDF Integrations

Following the "Learn More About EFI JDF-Enabled Solutions" link on the frontpage of efi.com leads to a page saying:

"Customer JDF Integrations: EFI also develops JDF connectors for customers’ niche workflows, so they can harness the power of connectivity for functions such as imposition, prepress, integrated digital printing, binding and more."

Where do I get more information about this? I got the JDF connector working, but it would be nice with some additional info, like an ICS, to get it working with CWS properly.
    Last edited by rasmuswikman; 08-25-2009 at 01:26 PM.

On the EFI JDF Enabled Solutions page you referenced, we are working on posting information about tested integrations, configuration tips, demonstrations, etc. The latest Fiery controller-specific information is available on the Fiery JDF Connector page. Fiery JDF support is focussed on the IDP ICS (Integrated Digital Printing Interoperability Conformance Specification). The Fiery JDF Connector also provides user interface elements to fill in required information that may be missing in "gray box" tickets generated by some MIS workflows.
    There is also support for Customer Product Intent tickets appropriate for printing on a digital device. Adobe Acrobat Professional is the most common tool people use to generate these kind of tickets today.
    For developers looking to create JDF tickets to drive Fiery controllers, we also have a Fiery JDF details document that specifies exactly what JDF attributes our currently shipping Fiery JDF solutions support.
    Please do let us know what kind of information you would find most helpful!
    Cheers,
    Mark
    --
    Mark W. Ford
    Fiery Technical Marketing Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_F
    For developers looking to create JDF tickets to drive Fiery controllers, we also have a Fiery JDF details document that specifies exactly what JDF attributes our currently shipping Fiery JDF solutions support.
    I would be really thankful for this document!

So far I've managed to set amount and general properties of a job through JDF, but since there seems to be a bug in 5.0.1 that disables Paper Catalog (at least on KM IC-305), I haven't been able to automatically assign media.

Job properties I've set through a virtual printer and Workflow, but only manually through the JDF Connector UI.

All this was done through trial and error though, having the document you mentioned in hand would hopefully make the process a bit more smooth.

While Acrobat is nice, I find that creating the XML code in Notepad is more efficient for testing purposes and standard products.

We are working on an official Fiery JDF Details document to post, but if you email me directly at mark.ford@efi.com I would be happy to send you our latest draft version.
    For media workflow, you might find this draft JDF media handling podcast helpful. It details how to make a media definition contained in a JDF job a permanent entry in the Fiery JDF Connector’s Paper Catalog and further adding or mapping it to the Paper Catalog on a Fiery Controller. On the KM system you mention, you might have the best results by creating entries on the engine, then mapping them to your JDF job media definitions, rather than adding those definitions to the Fiery controller Paper Catalog itself.
    Regarding Virtual Printers, we make a list of Virtual Printers on the Fiery available as JDF NamedFeatures in a response to a JMF device capability query. If desired, you could implement Virtual Printer selection from your user interface. This can be a very powerful tool for enabling unattended production directly from your application.

Cheers,

Mark
    --
    Mark W. Ford
    Fiery Technical Marketing Manager

Default We are having the same media issue with cws 5

Is there any resolution to the media issue that we can tap into? We are trying to send the media in the jdf to our Igen4...
    Last edited by jfitzpat; 10-15-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Default Unable to download JDF Express Tickets

AccessDenied
    Access Denied
    29BD358CF2783691

fIJMkEjSoWnUS3C599w5+H13cJrPd5LV+bbN8eyo3K1QY1ytdL yhb+Liuelr4vAy

Yusuke_K is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Default JDFExpress Tickets

Hi there,
    We are sorry about the inconvenience.
    We have fixed the issue and now you should be able to download the latest version of JDFExpress Tickets. Please go to http://w3.efi.com/fiery/fiery-suppor...wnload-drivers and retry to download it.

Yusuke
    Last edited by Yusuke_K; 02-13-2014 at 07:13 PM.