Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problems updating Fiery 1.1 to 1.2 (DC250)

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_H
    This issue was fixed with patch 1-Y015I.
    We had other localization issues reported which are now fixed (1-145LMST, 1-13LZJ2...).
    Okay, that patch comes too late for me (already switched machine to DC252 for plenty of money)

I hope this works for the remaining DC250 users out there...

Anyway, I've attached a log from the (failed) direct installation on my former machine.

Regarding the "image streaks", this particular bug also exists on current DC252 Fiery's, although the error doesn't occur that often.
    Attached Files

Default Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_H
    We originally had a direct Installation problem with 1.2 release when installing using non-English laptop. This issue was solved with a newer release of the installer, label 1-Y015I.
    We also had an issue about streaked images in output on non-RoHS v1.2 w/ more than 256MB RAM. This issue was fixed with patch 1-Y015I.
    We had other localization issues reported which are now fixed (1-145LMST, 1-13LZJ2...).
    Please contact Xerox support for more information.
    Version 1.2 is definitely supported on all Olympia models (ROHS and non-ROHS).

thank you
    Have anybody tryed the new installer, and if so; does it work? I have several machines with the same issues described here, and are very happy if the problems are solved.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Not sure which new "installer" you mean (according to me techie, there's only one installer available) but I really don't think it's an installation problem because system 1.2 doesn't work even if you do a "fresh" install.

It seems to me that there's a timing issue with the ***** card driver for the older DC250s which hasn't been fixed yet.

Default 1-Y015I fixes the problem discussed in this thread

I have confirmed that 1-Y015I fixes the problem discussed in this thread. I am running v1.2 on both RoHS and non-RoHS hardware without issue. EFI support in Europe has also confirmed the fix. Please contact Xerox support to acquire the fix.

Default I am glad I found this.

Well, our 240 runs on the same software and it has been giving us trouble for months now. I'll had several chats with one of the EFI service lackeys and he suggest a system re-install and the Xerox guys suggest (instead of a re-install) that the problem is due to A.) storing our paper wrong (gave us a laugh and a headache) B.) don't have the proper updates (possible) or C.) they basically claim whatever else that can be claimed short of actually helping.

At first guess, EFI thought the problems might have occurred due to the use of our Macs; After much trail and error, I can safely say that is not the case. We have an external server for the fiery and run the software on a PC and we drop .pdfs in a Hot folder on our macs and occasionally print from InDesign (via Mac). We have done the same thing using our Pc and have noticed absolutely no difference (although the software does get along better with .pdfs.)

The most frustrating issue that we have noticed so far involves a "slight" yet automatic image rotation. This rotation occurs when processing the file from the "hold" to "held" section within the fiery software. (this, of course, aside from most other issues already mentioned.) It does not seem to mater where the image comes from (.pdf from a Flash drive, .pdf or an .indd..) they all rotate.

Biggest catch of all.. I've taught myself everything I know about the fiery. I was not with the company when it was purchased and received no formal training on it, yet I am now the "go to guy" when regarding the machine. Which makes for some stressful days. : )

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2