Thread: Embedded CMYK Profile

Default Embedded CMYK Profile

Hi...
    I' m Gilberto from Italy; i work in Copyworld, dealer of KonicaMinolta..

I have a file with Euroscale space embedded, but in rip i have in default color setting IsoCoated V2..I want print this file with Euroscale simulation..
    How do to keep on CMYK file an embedded profile ?

I want keep embedded euroscale space in file..I don't want change the simulation CMYK profile, that is IsoCoated V2, in setting driver on application..

I have files with different color space and i want keep this different color space for any files..
    I need keep the embedded icc prifiles ( Swop, Euroscale etc..) for simulation output print, but i don't want change the driver setting on application for any print..

The question is : there are setting on rip for keep the different embedded color space in file for correct simulation ?

Thanks...
    Last edited by SharonH; 07-22-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gipsi
    The question is : there are setting on rip for keep the different embedded color space in file for correct simulation ?
    Hello, by default your CMYK embedded profiles are honored. The CMYK Simulation setting in Expert Color Settings is meant for those objects in the device color space (not tagged/embedded with a profile).

Are you sure ??
    I tested this feature and i think that the simulation is determined always by Icc profile simulation in color setup..
    For example: if i have IsoCoated in color setup but my file is in Euroscale color space, the simulation during print is IsoCoated...
    I repeat, i tested this feature..
    Last edited by gipsi; 07-28-2009 at 03:46 AM.

ICC profiles attached to a CMYK image will be honored. Which means wether you select Euroscale, SWOP, DIC, etc. as your simulation profile doesn't matter.

The only reason why you see differences if you select different CMYK simulation profiles is that you probably set your RGB/Lab path to go through simulation instead of output (or whatever it is called in Italian).

If you don't have a specific reason to route your RGB images through simulation then change it to output.