PDA

View Full Version : Tif's appear rotated 180 degrees counterclockwise when scanned on a Xerox 700

clarky30
06-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Why are all scans rotated 180 degrees counter clockwise when I scan as a Tif or Jpg on my Xerox 700. It scans correct orientation as a PDF??

I have checked default orientation of device etc but always appear on side.

This is no use as I need to scan to Tif and pull these into document from different sources and export out to PDF. Takes too long to rotate every tif page.

Any help appreciated.

Tommy_L
06-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I tested scanning to Fiery mailbox with color and B&W; TIF, JPG, and PDF files from the embedded Fiery controller v1.0 sp1 on the Xerox 700DP. All scan settings were default except doc format and color. I scanned in letter LEF pages and all scans are correctly oriented.

Please escalate this with your Xerox dealer or representatitve as it is not a general issue but something specific to your unit.

-Tommy

Rolf
07-17-2009, 03:31 AM
We have both, Xerox 700 and 250.

On the 700 all scanning is ok.

But on the 250:

There is a difference scanned documents appear in the scanfile, depending on the art of scanning: if we place the paper directly manually on the scan glas, all scans on 250 are rotated 180. If we use the automatic sheet feeder to scan then the same document isn't rotated and ok. So we have to place on DC250 the scanoriginals using the glas manually pre-rotated to get correct scans.

I hope there will be an patch in the future for the DC250 scan-rotate-problem.

sbyprint
07-17-2009, 06:09 AM
I agree that this is something that should be fixed, but just in case you hadn't thought of it: Just rotate the originals 180 degrees, this will get you buy in the mean time.