PDA

View Full Version : Profiles and Spot colors

johan
06-08-2009, 05:08 AM
HI,

I am new to the site so I hope my questions are not irrelevant?

First question:
I am trying to get a clear answer about profiles when to convert and when not to vonvert.
Say I get an new document that is not taggged /untagged(asign a profile to the untagged doc.) when is the best time to convert to your output profile?
Say I convert my doc to my output profile do you apply the exact sam settings in Color wise pro's color setting (eg.My source porfile is Adobe 1998 and out profile is fierycoatedIC305).In my application will I convert to the output profle or let the fiery do the convertion.If you convert to output profle in the application and you choose let controller(fiery) do the color managment,do you select output profile on the fiery as well or do you leave it as none (Will it convert twice if you select output profile in color setting of the fiery and if the doc has got the output profile attached)

Second question:
If you measure a color with ES-1000,can you use the color measured in photoshop and how would you use it.

Regards,

julius68
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
The best time to perform any type of conversion is closer to the time of printing! Therefore it is a good rule to have all conversions directly to the Fiery color. Furthermore, the custom ICC profiles created by the EFI Color Profiler can also embed the calibration data of the machine on a particular type of paper.
To use a spot color in Photoshop you must import the color through ES-1000 Eye-One Share, save the color table format with CXF format and import it into PhotoShop as additional color table.

johan
06-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Thank you for the reply,my understanding was the same.A lot of articles/people refer to say that the color server's mamangemenbt is not as good as photoshop ect. so you rather use photoshop's color managment.

johan
06-11-2009, 12:09 AM
HI,

In the spot color option it does not give you the option to save as CXF format unless you save the file as CXF.

If i try to import the color table from photoshop it does not recognize the file file format.
Am i doing something wrong here or is it the way the spot color is saved form the fiery?

Thanks