PDA

View Full Version : EFI and KM Launch Fiery IC-305 v2 with bizhub PRO C65hc

SharonH
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Can you please advise me the below EFI and KM press release stating that "Fiery support of the new sRGB workflow also enables the production printer to more faithfully reproduce colors on screen"? Is there any limitation or condition that user needs to take note of in order to be able to achieve their expected print result (color) as WYSIWYG on the screen?

I am a bit concern that this statement will be translated by user or OEM in AP as "they now can match RGB color prints to their monitor (any monitor brands)". Please advise as I foresee questions from the field on how to achieve.

Thank you,
Alex Tham

- - - -
EFI and Konica Minolta Launch Fiery IC-305 v2.0 with bizhub PRO C65hc
May 20, 2009
Konica Minolta and EFI launched the Fiery IC-305 v2.0 with customized color profiles for the newly available bizhub PRO C65hc from Konica Minolta allowing production printers to support both traditional and new sRGB workflows.

The bizhub PRO C65hc incorporates innovative new toner technology enabling customers to expand their color printing palette beyond the typical four-color devices in the marketplace, expanding their capabilities and helping to differentiate their business with clients. The print production system creates brighter, more accurate color by reproducing a larger portion of the sRGB color gamut than previously possible.

EFI utilized its Color Profiler Suite technology to develop a set of color profiles specific to the HC toner. Fiery technology allows the bizhub PRO C65hc to be more flexible, supporting the use of traditional as well as new sRGB workflows, giving customers the ability to quickly and precisely produce a wider variety of customer jobs. Fiery support of the new sRGB workflow also enables the production printer to more faithfully reproduce colors on screen.

The Fiery custom profiles will ship standard with the bizhub PRO C65hc, ensuring graphics professionals and print service providers can take advantage of this extended range of color gamut knowing their colors will continue to be delivered accurately and consistently.

SharonH
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Hello,
The new Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C65hc engine comes with a brand new set of toners, quite different to typical CMYK toners that you see in laser printers.

The new toners result in a fairly different printable gamut for the device, allowing the user to print a different range of colors. Konica Minolta have chosen the toners specifically so that the resulting gamut can better reproduce the sRGB gamut.

The idea behind sRGB was for it to be a standard monitor color space that is optimized for the majority of computer monitors, operating systems and browsers. The aim of sRGB is to allow for colors to be displayed in a single, unified method that provides for viewing consistency from monitor to monitor.

So if you have consistency in the viewing and you now have a printer that has the potential to better match the sRGB gamut, then the logic is that you will have a better match between your monitor and your printer because less gamut clipping will occur.

That being said, I can now address your concerns.
For soft-proofing to really stand a chance of working in the real world it is necessary to calibrate and profile both the moitor under which you are viewing sRGB files and the device to which you print sRGB files. Of course both can be acheived using Fiery Color Profiler Suite.

Within your applications, such as PhotoShop, you need to ensure that you are using your custom monitor profile and you are working in the sRGB color space.

Within the Fiery workflow you need to ensure that eRGB is selected as the source RGB profile, and within Fiery Image Viewer, or Fiery Spot-On you also need to ensure that you also have a custom monitor profile to enable correct soft proofing of the raster files.

ateljea
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Hello SharonH,

anywhere I don't find "HighChroma color profile" (ICC-profile) of C65hc with IC-305, which could observe and compare color gamut.
Does that cover the whole sRGB? If not, how much?
How much is inconsistent with CMYK?

regards, ateljea

SharonH
07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Hello,
Attached is an example of a profile for this KM High Chroma engine.
Please understand that this profile is made under certain conditions on particular paper and may not fully represent the results a user can expect on their given engine with their particular settings and paper types.

Sharon

ateljea
07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Halo SharonH,

thank you very much for your helping.

Unfortunately, there is a hurdle: I can not unarchive attached zip-file (restriction of admin forum-staff?)

regards, ateljea

gipsi
07-21-2009, 02:07 AM
Hello..
I tried and tested KM 65 hc; i maked icc profile with IC 305 and MonacoProfiler, the best for me...
I think that KM 65 hc is perfect only for fotolab and RGB file, but for CMYK file the Cian and Magenta chroma is not good.
The attached is an immage that shoow the difference of color space "65hc Vs C6500 Vs IsoCoated V2"
The red line is 65hc, green line is C6500, blu line is IsoCoated V2..
Bye.....

gipsi
07-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Ops.... this is attached immage

ateljea
07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello gipsi,

thank you very much for your greatful info, but your attachment - I can not download. Would you this ICC-profile as ZIP one more time attaching? Thanks!

SharonH has also an attachment (see above) and I can not even download.

Is this problem only by me? Can anyone confirm this "download error"?

thanks for help, ateljea

gipsi
07-28-2009, 03:32 AM
For attachment i receive an error during upload...
The ICC profile.zip is 1,76mb, i don't undestand....

gipsi
07-29-2009, 07:04 AM
The attached is an immage that shoow the difference of color space "65hc Vs C6500 Vs IsoCoated V2 Vs sRGB
The red line is 65hc, green line is C6500, blu line is IsoCoated V2 and white line is sRGB..

I linked the image : http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6491/screenshotczl.jpg

ateljea
07-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Hello forum-admin,

can you solve attachment problems?

ateljea
07-30-2009, 04:08 AM
Hello gipsi,
very nice. I have viewed color space image. That's interesting.

Nevertheless, I would like ICC profile view too.
Why ICC-profile? Then I can better compare gamut in all situations (with ProfileMaker) and real simulate output on our high endp proof-system.

Because here in the forum we have problems with attachment, please send me file via url-link other via Private Message. Thanks.

ateljea

gipsi
08-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Hello gipsi,
very nice. I have viewed color space image. That's interesting.

Nevertheless, I would like ICC profile view too.
Why ICC-profile? Then I can better compare gamut in all situations (with ProfileMaker) and real simulate output on our high endp proof-system.

Because here in the forum we have problems with attachment, please send me file via url-link other via Private Message. Thanks.

ateljea
Take me your Email ??

ateljea
08-10-2009, 07:05 AM
gipsi, read Private Message

gipsi
08-10-2009, 07:13 AM
I uploading IccProfile in your Ftp site..
Bye...

Rottweiler
08-17-2009, 05:09 PM
The attached is an immage that shoow the difference of color space "65hc Vs C6500 Vs IsoCoated V2 Vs sRGB
The red line is 65hc, green line is C6500, blu line is IsoCoated V2 and white line is sRGB..

I linked the image : http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6491/screenshotczl.jpg

Hi gipsi,

I'm finding the attached color gamut abit strange. Looking at the KM65hc and comparing to C6500, the gamut closest to red seems that C6500 covers a wider range.

However for internal understanding from KM, the KM65hc in actual fact should fare a better result than C6500 especially in prints of "red" color.
:confused:

gipsi
09-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi gipsi,

I'm finding the attached color gamut abit strange. Looking at the KM65hc and comparing to C6500, the gamut closest to red seems that C6500 covers a wider range.

However for internal understanding from KM, the KM65hc in actual fact should fare a better result than C6500 especially in prints of "red" color.
:confused:
Hi..
The red gamut depend from linearization; i think this..
In the same 65HC and in the same condictions and profiling software ( Monaco Profiler), the ICC profile maked with Creo Color Server, an other Rip,after linearization have the red gamut more extensive. The photo printed with Creo Color Server are more nice than Fiery; also in the red colors.
I think that Fiey for KM 65HC have a problem in linearization pocess..
In this immage http://img441.imageshack.us/i/oggi.jpg/ the difference about Creo and Fiery (same paper, same 65HC, same condictions)
White line is Creo, Yellow line is Fiery.
Bye

So, i think that 65HC is perfect only for RGB files (photographics work)

For moderator: is impossible upload any file.....

ateljea
10-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Gipsi,
and anyone who wants to help me...

we will bought machine KM65hc (or KM6501) with IC-305, but I have no knowledge about service and supply contract.
Contract proposal included "all inclusive" (repairs, all parts, toner coverage without limit) for 3 years with the possibility of extending to 5 years or max. 6 million A4 prints. The paper supply is of course excluded. In contract, we are not tied to a certain monthly volume.

Kindly ask you for your feedback about the cost of service and supply contract: € 0,044 for A4 color or € 0.088 for A3/A3+.
Is not this price in Europe too high?

Perhaps you do not trust me your costs (or via PM, however), but at least you give me your opinion of the above prices.

Thanks, thanks!
ateljea

gipsi
10-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi ateljea..You have PM....