PDA

View Full Version : How to identify (and correct) scanning errors?

oxident
07-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Hi!

Sometimes when I measure a chart within CPS, I get a warning about an extreme max DeltaE value (>60) although the median DeltaE is within range (around 2). Therefore I guess, there was problem with one patch or line of patches.

Unfortunately, I can't see any possibility to identify the failed portion or even retry scanning that particular line without repeating the entire scan session.

Am I missing something here or is there even a possibility to reject such huge DeltaE values during the scan itself?

Troy76
07-24-2017, 01:42 PM
Hey There,

As you scan your patches you get an onscreen display that shows the scanned patches line by line. If you miss a boo boo while scanning I always scroll through it and check before hitting next. It's unusual quite obvious when the patches don't match.

Also if you hook up speakers you'll get a sound notification when something was scanned incorrectly.

Hope that helps

Troy76
07-24-2017, 01:45 PM
almost forgot... to fix any mistakes just click on the large preview where you see the error. Then click on the line below where your scan shows up. You'll then be prompted to rescan the line.

oxident
07-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Great. Thanks a lot!