PDA

View Full Version : Scale to fit workflow?

oxident
05-31-2017, 07:47 AM
Hi!

I've started to migrate my Hotfolder workflows to JobFlow Base but I'm stuck to find any options regarding "scale to fit".

Is there any possibility to create a workflow which

- rotates source files (raster files, Office documents, PDFs, ...) in order to match the output sheet orientation
- scales them to use the maximum printable area?

Hotfolders let me do this but I'm afraid, JobFlow strictly uses the source file's size, doesn't it?

Hans_S
05-31-2017, 09:56 AM
Good morning and thanks for your feedback. One way to achieve this with JobFlow Base, the free version of JobFlow, is to add an Impose step using a 1-up template. You can set media size, page orientation and scale to fit options. The resulting PDF should match your expectation. The paid version gives you more intelligent methods to auto-rotate and auto-scale your jobs.

Hope this helps.
--
Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

oxident
05-31-2017, 10:11 PM
Hello Hans,

thanks for your help. That's an interesting option, indeed!

oxident
12-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Hello again,

maybe I'm too blind to see but does the paid version of JF really adds more possibilities regarding auto-rotation and scaling?
How would a simple "scale and maybe rotate incoming JPEGs to fill an entire A4 sheet" workflow look like?

Thanks for your support!

Hans_S
12-04-2017, 09:48 AM
With JobFlow (paid) we can add a "rotate to landscape/portrait" step that checks orientation and rotates, scales if needed. We have just released JobFlow 2.3 and more sample workflows in the JobFlow Library. One of the workflows is a dummy workflow that with a bunch of JobFlow Correct templates that include the before mentioned steps. Let me know if that works. Thanks.
--
Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

oxident
12-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, Hans. Didn't look at the resources section for some time. It would be great if JF would allow us more intuitive (complex) workflows like if-then-else flows in the future. That would eliminate the need for bunches of "sub workflows"...

Hans_S
12-05-2017, 11:27 AM
We hear you ;-) Thanks for your feedback and support.