PDA

View Full Version : DropBox and approval/declines

J2fast4u
02-18-2017, 07:00 AM
What happens when a project is set to send a proof to an internal/external reviewer and once they receive the email, click the review button and it takes them to dropbox to review.

I see that it gives the person to view the file, drag the magic wand to point out and comment on specific areas of concern but after they hit post, I see the comment show in the right column but after that to finish, I think you hit the share button but it comes back with"There was a problem completing this task."

So the question is where does the comment go because after that if you close out and go back to the original approve/decline window it appears that whether you approve or decline the comments are not recorded on the document.

Can some shed some more light on the functionality and how it is to be used?

Hans_S
02-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback. When we developed the Approval module in JobFlow Dropbox's main functionality was file sync on steroids. In the last couple of years Dropbox has made tremendous progress and add features like the commenting.

To be very honest: I was not aware one could highlight a section in a PDF and add a comment for that highlight. Very powerful and for now not something we take advantage of in JobFlow. I will most definitely discuss this with the team and see how we can better leverage this in JobFlow. If you want you can send me an email at hans [dot] sep [at] efi [dot] com to discuss further. Thanks.
--
Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

J2fast4u
03-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Ideally, if drop box could relay the information back to job flow that would solve everything. Not sure of the logistics to make that happen.

It seems that each api does its thing perfectly independently it just creating the link between the 2 and then it would be a full force proofing system like another product we use call ProofHQ.

Let me know and I'd be glad to discuss more.

Hans_S
03-30-2017, 09:16 AM
We've checked the Dropbox API and there are no hooks for retrieving comments. We are looking at other solutions though so watch this space.
--
Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow