PDA

View Full Version : Impose trimbox recognition (user defined) in jobflow

MikkoS
07-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Am I missing something here cos I can't get it working.

I have defined my impose templates to use "user defined" to be able to read trimbox from document. But to me it seems that as I form my template at impose just using some document to open impose the trimbox from that certain document gets to be stored in that template. So that when I'm using that template on jobflow the trimbox size is allways that same no matter what document I run through the workflow.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Hans_S
07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
If possible would you be able to export the workflow in question and send it to me via email at hans[dot]sep[at]efi[dot]com?
--
Hans Sep, Product Manager Fiery JobFlow

SeanRyder
07-07-2016, 07:06 AM
In my experience when you setup a template in impose its completely built on the original trimbox of the document you used to set it up. If I make one from a 5.5 x 8.5 original, and the make the template gang 2 up on 8.5x11. Then that template will always assume the original is 5.5 x 8.5. If I were to try to use the template with say a 4x6 document it won't work. I may be over simplifying.

MikkoS
07-08-2016, 12:57 AM
In my experience when you setup a template in impose its completely built on the original trimbox of the document you used to set it up. If I make one from a 5.5 x 8.5 original, and the make the template gang 2 up on 8.5x11. Then that template will always assume the original is 5.5 x 8.5. If I were to try to use the template with say a 4x6 document it won't work. I may be over simplifying.

This is how it seems to me aswell.

But I try to export my workflow for Hans. Let's see if he can come up with something

After all whole trimbox recognition is all about to be able to read the trimbox from current document.
Then again I've always wondered why it is called "user defined". That always gives me an impression that it is meant for user to manually define the trimbox. Surely kind of "read trimbox"-option is something that is more needed.