PDA

View Full Version : being booted off

millerjohn101
03-02-2016, 07:57 AM
i have 4 to 6 user to log on to command workstation 5 1 or to log on it fine it a 3 or more log on the first 1 or 2 get booted off we are all on mac

Greta_C
03-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Ok which Fiery do you have?

Most Fierys will accept up to 10 concurrent connections with Command Workstation.
Also which Mac print drivers do you have installed? I would recommend running the latest drivers on EFI.com, the ones listed as 10.11 compatible.

millerjohn101
03-08-2016, 08:28 AM
we are all using command workstation 5.7.0.29, i was to unstand that by using command workstation u talk to the fiery that un don't have to have print driver installed at all because i don't have print driver install on my mac

Greta_C
03-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Yes absolutely by using Command Workstation (CWS) you can bypass the printer driver completely, and just download files directly to the Fiery server.

The reason I asked about the print drivers is that some of our Mac 10.10 drivers would contact the Fiery regularly, taking up one or more of the available connections (which are also used by CWS). We fixed this in our Mac 10.11 driver release. But if you have no Fiery print drivers on any of your macs, or are running the latest, then this will not be an influence.

I would suggest perhaps troubleshooting this from a network point of view, it may be that the earlier CWS connected clients are losing contact with the Fiery - check if there's a lot of traffic on the network if this occurs. Also let us know the Fiery server model and version you have.