PDA

View Full Version : Error - EF256113.SRV program has stopped responding (Printer Properties, Windows 7)

cbstossel
02-18-2016, 09:23 AM
We have 4 EFI Fiery CWS units for the following Production Printers:

Canon C6000 (CWS 5.3.1.32d - WinXP Embedded)
Canon C6010 (CWS 5.7.0.56 - WinXP Pro)
Konica Minolta 8000 (CWS 5.3.1.32 - WinXP Pro)
Canon C800 (CWS 5.6.0.30 - Win7 Pro x64)

When our company updated our standard workstation models last year, we had to reinstall EFI Fiery Print Drivers to the replaced machines. We hadn't had the need to reinstall drivers in a long time and had no issues on the machine when printing. We followed the same procedures as what we had documented before to install the latest drivers and since then, those machines receive random errors (shown in title above) when attempting to access the printer Properties button within the print dialog. In most cases, clicking the red X at the top right of the error makes it go away and the Properties of the Printer come up and appear to be available.

I've googled the error, what an srv file extension refers to and have found literally nothing other than its some survey config file for Unix and Windows Servers as well as Help Maker Files. I do not see how either of these would relate to access the printers properties.

I've used the uninstaller to completely remove the printer and its drivers locally and reinstalled to the same error. I've also installed locally with downloaded drivers via IP address as well as from the print server we have all our production printers installed on. To my knowledge, the drivers for those are up-to-date as well.

Anyone have any suggestions on this and how I can make this go away? Our operators continue to hit me with it despite the apparent lack of problems it actually is causing (as simply closing the error allows functionality to continue as normal). It more a nuisance that we do not have on our workstations that were not updated, only on these updated ones.

Any info/suggestions are appreciated.

z1300
02-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Are you printing using the standard TCP/IP port configured to LPR? If so try disabling SNMP.

cbstossel
02-19-2016, 05:30 AM
Thanks, I will take a look and give it a shot.