PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Detected

Spork
02-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Is anyone else getting a Trojan when they update their Command Workstation to 5.8.0.39?
I just found a Trojan embedded in the CWS5.pkg named 'Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Nilage.hng'.
I already sent this off to EFI to see what they say about it, but I thought I'd let everyone know.

Prema_k
02-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Hi,
Could you please provide following information?
OS version, Any screen shot showing the issue, Anti virus software installed in the system

regards
Prema_k

Miccol
02-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Received an alert today to update my Fiery software, including CWS. Received the same virus in the download. I am running OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, protected by Kaspersky Internet Security. As soon as the software was installed, Kaspersky found the bug.
What I fail to understand is why this is still an issue when it was pointed out to efi in October. :mad:
Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Nilage.hng
found in:
/Library/Application Support/EFI/plugins/APF_VDPUI.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AFP_VDPUI

I also sent an email to EFI US support and was supplied a case number.
I'll report back if I hear anything of value.

Mike_R
02-12-2016, 12:08 PM
After our investigation of this issue it appears that the free Kaspersky software is displaying a false positive warning about a possible virus present in the CWS software, and that this virus is NOT present in our software.

We have logged an issue with Kaspersky so that they can address this issue.

If you encounter this issue, we recommend ignoring the recommendations from the Kaspersky software to disable the files in the software.

-Mike

Prema_k
02-18-2016, 01:01 AM
Hi,
Kaspersky Team confirmed that it was false alarm. The fix will be part of their next update.

Regards
Prema_k