PDA

View Full Version : Where are the presets stored?

DragonLeaves
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Using Xerox drivers (v5) for C70 on Mac El Capitan and Yosemite. Where are the user defined presets stored on a mac?

Greta_C
12-11-2015, 09:53 AM
I highly recommend using Server Presets - these are shared with all users, and live on the Fiery. They can be easily backed up with Command Workstation > Backup and Restore.

If you are using local presets, we do not have an easy way to back these up. We used to have an export function for local presets (still do on Windows) but Mac sandboxing restrictions blocked that years ago, around 10.7 or 10.8 days. So now the presets are saving back into the dynamic PPD.

The dynamic PPD location is in /private/etc/<Name> folder and the dynamic PPD name should match that of the dynamic PPD in the original product. There are also permissions related issues w.r.t writing to this location. It is not recommended to copy the PPDs, so at this time, there is no way to import/export local presets on the Mac. Sorry.

Did I mention Server presets are a great idea?

Mattc
12-29-2015, 08:33 AM
I had to reload software on for a Fiery EB-32 and we changed the hard drive to be safe. I have a customer who says he used the presets he save on the Fiery. I can search the drive with my USB device, but i can't find the presets folder on the drive. Does anyone know what folder to find them in?

Greta_C
01-06-2016, 09:03 AM
For Mattc

Obligatory disclaimer: EFI does not officially support futzing around in the Fiery system, as unexpected results may occur. You break it, you reload it, etc, etc.

But if you still have the drive, you could go looking in here for the presets.xml file:
E:\EFI\server\resman\preset\

:)