PDA

View Full Version : JobFlow folder structure

printmeister
08-17-2015, 10:41 AM
I have created an SMB location, and the following folders were automatically created (hierarchy indented):

Fiery JobFlow

JobFlow_user

_archive_original_jobs

I am planning to map a network drive to this SMB location from a workstation that hosts the Remote Print Center (RPC) used for EFI Digital StoreFront. I will then add the JobFlow Workflow folders to RPC as devices so jobs can be 'dropped in' by an operator.

Could you give an overview of the folder structure so I can determine which will be the top level folder, inside which I will create the individual Workflow folders?
I.e., inside Fiery JobFlow, inside JobFlow_user, create them outside the Fiery JobFlow folder, or other.

[EDIT]
I went ahead and created a workflow 'Flyer', and it placed the Flyer folder inside JobFlow_user, which is inside Fiery JobFlow.

Hans_S
08-17-2015, 12:03 PM
When you tell JobFlow to pull jobs from shared resource like SMB, FTP or Dropbox the folder structure in that shared resource is as follows:

[Shared Folder]\Fiery JobFlow\[JobFlow Server Domain Name]\[Workflow]

If you have enable "Archiving" an additional folder called "_archive_original_jobs" is created.

If you have told Fiery JobFlow to backup to a location an additional folder called "_backup" is created at that location.

In your case you should point the DSF RPC to the [JobFLow Server Domain Name] folder to see all the workflows that are configured to pull jobs in the different workflows.
--
Hans

printmeister
08-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Thanks Hans - oddly enough, setting a JobFlow Workflow folder as a default DSF Device, piping a DSF order into it doesn't work.

The folders offered as 'Devices' in DSF are apparently only for 'Hot Folders'.

It would sure be an excellent improvement if we could bring all DSF files directly from the storefront into a JobFlow workflow, and then filter them accordingly.
As it stands, the Preflight functionality through DSF is too basic to be of commercial print use, so we have to seek every Order Ticket to download every PDF individually, and then either drop them into JobFlow or Preflight them manually - kinda defeats the whole purpose.

JobFlow is wonderful - DSF should talk to JobFlow and get this worked out.

Hans_S
08-17-2015, 06:55 PM
As the product manager for JobFlow I (and the team) appreciate the compliment. Rest assured that we are looking at how to best integrate JobFlow in a DSF environment.

I would need to setup my own RPC to see why it does not pickup the jobs. It should work similar to other hot folder based workflows...
--
Hans

printmeister
08-18-2015, 12:47 PM
I think the issue is not RPC, but the fact that I'm forcing DSF to try and place files in a network share that is not available in RPC. RPC's root directory is on the workstation's C: drive and I'm trying to get DSF to put the files in a mapped J: drive (an SMB location created for JobFlow).
Ideally, the RPC root directory would also be the SMB location - our IT guy will be taking care of that.

printmeister
08-20-2015, 06:17 AM
I did find one other thing that I'm not sure how to handle: I created a location on an FTP folder and set it as an output location in a specific workflow. But to get to the file I had to dig 7 levels deep from the top level folder (Preflight Failed is the Output folder - CSR Preflight is the Workflow).

Here is the path: FTP folder/Fiery JobFlow/JobFlow_user/Preflight Failed/Fiery JobFlow/JobFlow_user/_archive_processed_jobs/CSR Preflight/filename.pdf

It would be more production-friendly if we could have all passed (and processed/imposed), failed and original files go into just 2 of 3 respective output directories - either 'Passed' or 'Failed', plus a third directory 'Originals' for archived original files.

Hans_S
08-20-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that is a bug since the whole file path is repeated... Let me talk to the team and get back to you.