PDA

View Full Version : Printable page size to big - CANON IR ADV 5235i

Loopy37
08-03-2015, 02:13 AM
When selecting a certain page size (lets say DIN A4), and then trying to print from an Application like Indesign, when i select "fit to page", it gives me back 99,95 %, and therefore cuts away parts of the page when printing, because the printer can only print at about 97% size.

Any help or tips to solve this issue

Printer: CANON IR ADV 5235 with Fiery B2 controller.
Driver: Latest Fiery Driver für OS X 10.10

StarDigital
08-03-2015, 05:53 AM
All printers have a bleed edge to them that they cannot print on. Each is different but they all have them. When you have fit to page without 'use non printable area' it will try to fit it into a calculated area that should work for your printer. Impose has this option, standard CWS media doesn't. Fit to page will shrink or grow the art to the first edge it finds Length or width. So there won't be a loss in art just in dimension.

Dan

el_tren2003
08-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Hi Loopy37,

Application reads the margins defined by the driver, however on system 10 printer driver margins have been removed from the driver, so the application cannot shrink the image down.
Use "scale to fit" within driver instead application "fit to page".

Regards,

Greta_C
10-01-2015, 09:44 AM
el_tren2003 is so right.

Use "scale to fit" within the Fiery driver instead of using the application print dialog "fit to page". This will scale to fit inside the printable area.