PDA

View Full Version : Verify

pete.whittaker
07-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Hi

I have created a profile on Lumi silk using CPS which has a Delta E of 2.2, when I use verify with an Ugra-Fogra-Medienkeil-CMYK-EPS V3.0a Wedge it fails to pass becaues of the Delta H, what needs to be done to improve this to gain a pass.

Another problem is if I right click on a job in command workstation and select colour verification it brings up a pop up with access denied.

Thanks for any assistance with these issues.

Lou_P
07-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi, can you post te detaled report to the forum so we can take a look?

Create it by going to the File menu in Verify and choosing Print_ Protocol (older CPS versions) or Print-> Report (if you are on CPS 4.7.

Let us know what CPS version you are on also in your reply.

Thanks.

~Lou

Hi

I have created a profile on Lumi silk using CPS which has a Delta E of 2.2, when I use verify with an Ugra-Fogra-Medienkeil-CMYK-EPS V3.0a Wedge it fails to pass becaues of the Delta H, what needs to be done to improve this to gain a pass.

Another problem is if I right click on a job in command workstation and select colour verification it brings up a pop up with access denied.

pete.whittaker
07-29-2015, 02:18 PM
HI Lou_P

I will have to get that tomorrow, is there anything in CPS to automatically correct a problem with a profile?

We are running version 4.7

Thanks

StarDigital
07-29-2015, 02:53 PM
I found that if you create a profile with the D50 lighting profile but it's pantones don't match your pantone bridge it will still say it has a low delta E. My recommendation is find the correct Lighting in FCPS and test print various pantones to match your bridge. When you get them as close as you can then run the verifier. I found mine to be D55 which is mid morning/afternoon or some such.

Dan

Lou_P
08-03-2015, 07:35 PM
∆H has to do with the hue difference of the primaries.

Please try printting he verify target again and this time rotate the print 180 to see if this passes.

I usually find that ∆H is a problem if the engine is not warmed up enough, so you might want to print 10 pr so pages of the verify and measure the last one.

If it still fails let us know and we can talk about best practices for warmup to make the profile again.

For the Color Verify Assistant from Command Workstation, I need more info. Please tell me the version of CWS and CPS you are using and on Mac or Windows.

Thanks.

~Lou

Hi

sbyprint
08-12-2015, 05:06 AM
I am wondering if the color verification problem was resolved. We are running a Ricoh 7110x with an FS150 E83a frontend. We are running CWS 5.7.0.29 and CPS 4.7.1.16.

We are having the same "access denied" error when trying to launch verify color from CWS.

oxident
03-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Uh oh, same problem here.
"Access denied" when using CWS 5.8 SP1 and FCP 4.7.3.02.
When using the "Verification" wizard directly inside FCP, an "access violation in ntdll.dll" pops up just after measuring the target.

So I guess the problem has to do with FCP, hasn't it?

UPDATE:
The problem does not occur when using FCP 4.6 in conjunction with CWS 5.8. So I guess, the problem isn't related to CWS.
Please fix this or supply a download link for the previous version. Unfortunately, I haven't saved it and at the moment, I've got only one workstation left with the older (working) version...

Thanks!

anshulv
03-21-2016, 02:22 AM
The issue here is with the Null Password for Administrator user, please use any password and it would work seamlessly.

Uh oh, same problem here.
"Access denied" when using CWS 5.8 SP1 and FCP 4.7.3.02.
When using the "Verification" wizard directly inside FCP, an "access violation in ntdll.dll" pops up just after measuring the target.

So I guess the problem has to do with FCP, hasn't it?

UPDATE:
The problem does not occur when using FCP 4.6 in conjunction with CWS 5.8. So I guess, the problem isn't related to CWS.
Please fix this or supply a download link for the previous version. Unfortunately, I haven't saved it and at the moment, I've got only one workstation left with the older (working) version...

Thanks!

Lou_P
03-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Hi Pete.

To improve a profile, use CPS Device Linker to iteratively optimize the profile.

You'll need to pick you Lumi profile and the source profile you are using it with, probably ISO Coated if that's what you are verifying against with the Ugra/Fogra media wedge.

Use relative colorimetric intent and auto black point compensation in the Device Linker.

Let us know how it works.

Thanks.

~Lou

oxident
03-22-2016, 03:25 AM
The issue here is with the Null Password for Administrator user, please use any password and it would work seamlessly.

Wow, great!
Worked immediately.

Thanks a lot!