PDA

View Full Version : Fierycupsfilter quit unexpectly Mac 10.10.3 PDF print from Safari 8.0.5 (1.1 patched)

Henrik
05-08-2015, 01:21 AM
Hi

We have some problems with following error message: "Fierycupsfilter quit unexpectly"

FILE: PDF file opened and printed from Safari 8.0.5 or 8.0.6 (106006.3).
Printer driver: latest downloaded 2015 May 7th. from efi.com
10.10 Patch: Version 1.1 downloaded 2015 May 7th. from efi.com
Printer: Canon iR-ADVANCED C50xx with Fiery imagePASS B1
If we print from Adobe reader or Acrobat there's no issue, but we need to be able to open and print directly from Safari.

Problem report from Mac is attached this post.

Any suggestions is welcome :)

rick.goody
05-11-2015, 11:58 PM
We have the same issue. The issue was present in 10.10.2

We have a canon iR-ADV C9075 with Fiery imagePASS A1

It seams to be very specific to Safari and built-in preview pdf plugin

Works Fine =
Safari & Adobe Reader plugin
Firefox & Preview plugin
Chrome
download PDF & open with Preview

Doesn't Work =
When printing directly from safari when using the builtin preview pdf plugin

pwl_jim
05-13-2015, 03:11 PM
We use a web based email program called Kerio Connect. When one prints an email, the email pops up in a properly formatted window of it's own in Safari, ready to print. If you try to print this Safari window, it crashes the fiery driver every time. Seems to work fine in Firefox.

dbirchq
05-28-2015, 11:24 AM
We're having the same issue but we're having the same problem when printing from Preview and Acrobat Reader too. But it's not very consistent. If we reboot we're able to print for a while until the problem occurs again.

chevalier
06-17-2015, 01:52 PM
We too are seeing this problem. All of our Macs on 10.8.5 (which are the majority) have no issues printing with the current driver. This includes our 10.10.2 machines with the 1.1 patch installed. The ONLY machine to have consistent CupsFilter crashes is the one where the user upgraded to 10.10.3. Printing to our other printers works fine, but if we print to our Kyocera TaskAlpha 6551ci with a Fiery controller on that one machine, the FieryCupsFilter crash occurs in most programs. It is especially egregious with TextEdit, Safari, and Preview (which, of course, the user prefers).

This is a show stopper for us. I plan to reinstall Mac OS X 10.10.2 and see what happens. I have attached an example of the crash to this post.

What I tried (in order):

I re-downloaded the most recent driver from the EFI site:

KDC_PrintingSystem14_v2_0RBp_FD47_v1 (from April)

I reapplied the 1.1 patch.

I restarted and manually removed the driver and reinstalled and restarted yet again.

I reset the printing system and then reinstalled the driver.

I ran maintenance and reset the printing system again.

I tried an older version of the driver (the version that came with our TaskAlpha when we took possession of the unit 45 days ago).

I tried a different boot partition with the same results in 10.10.3 (but 10.10.2 worked).

I then tried printing the exact same documents from 10.8.5 and 10.10.2 machines with no issue.

I tried printing newly made documents to verify that no corruption existed and the new documents worked without fail on the 10.8.5 and 10.10.2 machines but crashed on the 10.10.3 machine.

I threatened to throw the computer out the window (kidding!). I did seriously consider doing that to the Fiery controller though.

I called our dealer who has said that they have experienced the same issue with the most current driver on other 10.10.3 machines and even with Windows 8.1 machines. They have reported the problem to EFI, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I will report back if the 10.10.2 reinstall works. If so that is a crappy solution, but I will take anything at this point.

noppeber
07-01-2015, 03:06 AM
we got the same problem. there are 20 C700 with FS200 in an enterprise network with Win and Mac clients. printing PDF´s out of Safari let the fiery cups filter stop!

any ideas?

Enrico_K&D
07-10-2015, 05:23 AM
We have the same error on Xerox EX C60 with Fiery Version 1.0SP1 and latest drivers (SP1).
Here the screenshot of Safari error message after a PDF printers.

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150710/temp/txi5f938.png (http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4044/txi5f938_png.htm)

Greta_C
07-22-2015, 11:01 AM
We have released a new patch for our 10.10 driver, which fixes the cupsfilter crash, plus all other reported issues.

Here's an extract of the Release notes, covering all the details.

Download: http://w3.efi.com/fiery/fiery-support/download/download-drivers.
Select ‘Application Software and Tools’ > Fiery Driver > Fiery Printer Driver 10.10 patch’

• This patch can be installed as is over the existing Mac OS 10.10 printer drivers, and includes the fixes (and replaces) the previous v.1.0 and v.1.1 patches.
• It can also be installed over the previous patches, if already installed.
• If any Mac OS 10.10 Fiery drivers are installed after the patch has been applied, then the
patch will need to be reinstalled.

This patch solves the following issues:
• When printing from applications such as Safari (printing PDFs only), Remote Desktop and FileMaker Pro, print jobs may stop spooling with the error message, - ‘Filter’ failed.
• When printing from many Mac OS 10.10 clients to one Fiery server, the Fiery server may show instabilities, or the message, “Fiery Exited” on the Fiery FACI.
• After creating an LPD/IPP queue with a valid Fiery IP address/server name, one of the following occurs:
• A message box with the following text is displayed constantly, "You have entered an
invalid IP Address or DNS Name. Press OK to enter a new IP Address or DNS Name."
And/Or
• The Fiery service, com.efi.fieryd, stops responding as reported in the Console application.
• The system console message log displays frequent messages from the driver, especially the following message:
• fierybidi[2118]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.1 instead of 10.10.1. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
• A message that says “This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient” is displayed in the console message log the first time the Mac OS 10.10 driver is installed.
• In order for this message not to appear again, please make sure that the patch is applied after all the intended printer drivers are installed on the client Mac OS 10.10 system.

Additional Notes: Features that use “Two way communication” such as color settings, freeform, paper catalog, printer and server information are refreshed every 10 minutes after the driver is installed.