PDA

View Full Version : Color profiler scan not detecting patches

StarDigital
04-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Xerox 1000, EX-1000, CWS 5.7 FCPS 4.7

I am trying to create a new profile, but it doesn't recognize movement as i move the ES-2000 over the patches; when i immediately use the es-2000 in CWS:Spotcolor to see if the device works it won't. I unplug then replug the ES-2000 back in and recalibrate in CWS and it works but color profiler ruins this calibration when it recalibrates because i had to replug the ES-2000.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Dan

thistlegorm
04-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Have you removed the yellow dot protective cover over the lens on the bottom of the ES2000 ? this is the bit that detects the "barcode" i.e movement on the horizontal rule ?

StarDigital
04-15-2015, 05:52 AM
yes i have. As i said i can read off a paper through CWS but Color Profiler doesn't read.

StarDigital
04-15-2015, 07:40 AM
'Whoever said nothing is impossible obviously hasn't tried nailing jelly to a tree.'

have you tried freezing it?

Lou_P
04-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Hi Dan.

Sorry for your bad install experience. I don't know whats going on now but have you opened a call with support? I will personally help you too if needed, you have my email.

Main question: are you using Express Profiler from CPS to make the new calibration and profile? Quit command workstation before you start or do this on another machine so that there is no other app trying to use the ES2000. I never unplug any of mine. Do not make calibration set and profile from Calibrator if you have Express, I think you already know this though.

Did you get a SP for the latest command workstation from fiery Software Manager? You need to open Fiery Software Manager and select it to get version FEA 4.3 service pack 1. Let us know if that helps.

thanks

~Lou

StarDigital
04-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Hi Lou,

I did put in the call today, but asked for them to respond tomorrow, when i have time to work it. I am fully updated/upgraded on all Fiery software. Question: "Do not make calibration set and profile from Calibrator if you have Express," what does this mean?

I was doing the normal profiling i did when i installed the machine last year. But the graphics on screen for the calibration changed. Now it show triangles in the patching rows. And supposedly LAB values as i scan??? This wasn't there last time. So I thought it might have needed updating, but after all the hassle, the same thing appears. What is going on?

I'll keep you all posted if i find the solution, I'm likely not the only one that this happened to. Though i would like to know if anyone did have this happen to them and if there was a solution.

Dan
Star Digital Print
Lincoln, NE

Doyle
04-16-2015, 04:27 PM
"Do not make calibration set and profile from Calibrator if you have Express,"

If I do this how do I make subsequint calibrations if I use Express for calibration and profile? Or are you saying, make the calibration with Calibrator and then make the profile with Express?

Lou_P
04-17-2015, 12:57 AM
There is a missing term in the way we talk about "calibrating". Really there is "creating a calibration set" and "re-calibrating an existing calibration set"

Express creates a new calibration set (creating a calibration set). Then you use Command Workstation Calibrator to re-calibrate ("re-calibrating an existing calibration set). When using Calibrator select calibration set you made in Express to re-calibrate.

SeanRyder
07-16-2015, 01:17 PM
yes i have. As i said i can read off a paper through CWS but Color Profiler doesn't read.

I know this an old post but ran across this problem while playing today. I wasn't shown color profile suite on install. Had the same problem before realizing in the case the spectrometer came in is a bed and gauged slider that the ES200 slides on to read the patches.

StarDigital
07-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Huh? i thought i updated this with my answer. Must have been another post. Anyway i was playing Homer Simpson, i was using the ES1000 carriage for the ES2000 scanner. It works for calibrating out of the CWS but not when profiling in FCPS, as there is "Zebra" stripes the motion sensor reads. I have 3 printers and the latest one came with the 2000 but then we moved and i lost track of the carriage. Since it was new, i forgot it had a special carriage and been using the 1000 carriage until i tried to profile again. So yeah i felt like a Homer, Duh!

Dan

Lou_P
07-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Hi Dan. Not sure what is going on. ES-2000 won't scan calibration patches? Are you making a new calset then a new profile? Please try this in CPS (I think you have it?). Use Express Profiler to make calibration set and profile. Does that work? Then we'll go back to figuring out whats happening with calibrator.

you can also always download the i1 diagnostic from X-Rite to make sure the specro is working. Finally if you have a black USB cable like the on that came with it this may work better than the silver translucent USB cables that came with older i1's and the ES-1000.

Xerox 1000, EX-1000, CWS 5.7 FCPS 4.7

I am trying to create a new profile, but it doesn't recognize movement as i move the ES-2000 over the patches; when i immediately use the es-2000 in CWS:Spotcolor to see if the device works it won't. I unplug then replug the ES-2000 back in and recalibrate in CWS and it works but color profiler ruins this calibration when it recalibrates because i had to replug the ES-2000.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Dan

StarDigital
07-17-2015, 05:51 AM
Hi lou,

I mentioned this right before your post, i was using the wrong carriage, the one without the zebra stripes. When i used the right one everything worked as it should.

Dan