PDA

View Full Version : What are the advantages of using JobFlow?

StarDigital
03-26-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm not a very personal tech guy like smartphones and tablets, but i know PCs. So could someone please explain what JobFlow has over Hotfolders and other 'mundane' means of working the job. I created some basic workflows and everything for that i can do with hotfolders and/or image enhance setting (or IE visual editor). Some varied examples would be apreciated (for example: can this be worked through a smart phone?)

Hans_S
03-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

The benefits of Fiery JobFlow Base (which is the free version) over Fiery Hot Folders are:

Notifications. By enabling notifications with your Fiery Passport account you are able to create workflows that notify you and others a certain workflow step has passed successfully or not. An example would be to get a Fiery Preflight report if that preflight step has failed. Fiery Hot Folders is not able to do this.
Locations. Fiery JobFlow has a feature called Locations that allow you to pull jobs in to a workflow from a Dropbox account, an FTP server or a Windows share. You can also use locations to archive and output jobs to supported locations. Fiery Hot Folders is not able to do this.
Image Enhance. If you create a template in Image Enhance Visual Editor you can use that template in Fiery JobFlow to automatically enhance images. Fiery Hot Folders is not able to do this.
Staggered Imposition. Fiery JobFlow imposes jobs using the same technology as Fiery Impose but the output is an imposed job. The advantage of this is that you can apply workflow steps to the imposed job and we have seen examples where customers apply multiple Impose steps in order to get the desired result.
Workflows. Sounds obvious but with Fiery JobFlow you manage the order of workflow steps you want to apply to a job.

With the paid version of Fiery JobFlow you can offer workflows with approvals by internal and external customers, a very tight integration with Enfocus Pitstop to preflight and edit jobs and the ability to create rules based workflows that based on triggers like page size, number of pages etc apply the correct workflow to a job.

We have some great how-to's on all of this that you can find at http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Products/Workflow-Suite/Fiery-JobFlow/Resources-and-Training

Me and the team are pretty excited about giving our users more control over their workflows and you will see more functionality becoming available over the next couple of months.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at hans [dot] sep [at] efi [dot] com if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Hans Sep
Product Manager Fiery JobFlow