PDA

View Full Version : Duplex of by default on Konica C284e

johanvos
03-09-2015, 11:15 PM
We are in a design environment, and the option of having the duplex on by default in the printer driver is very frustrating.
Printer : Konica Minolta Bizhub C284e
Fiery : IC-414 v1.2
I have used driver supplied, and the latest from Fiery website.
In the meantime I have modified the PPD:
line 5636 *DefaultEFDuplex: TopTop = changed to False,
and so far (1day) seems OK.
Please advise if it will be possible to supply no-duplex driver, or will it be OK to keep using my modified PPD (attached)
Thanks

Scott_W
03-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Are you asking about Mac or Win driver?

johanvos
03-16-2015, 08:58 AM
I am mainly interested in Mac driver.
We do have some PC users that will also be using the printer, but they can live with it.
Mac OS 10.9 (Maverick) - 10.10 (Yosemite)

Scott_W
03-17-2015, 07:14 AM
It was KM's requirement for the IC-414 that Win and Mac driver default to duplex.

However, a feature request for a 10.9 compatible Mac simplex driver was received by EFI and KM last year.
This driver does not support 10.10 Yosemite.

That driver is now at:

ftp.efi.com

username: customer
password: cu$Tom3r

look for "FIT222492 FR Simplex Mac 10.9 driver.zip" in /IC-414 v1.2 folder.

johanvos
03-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply and the link.

Johan Vos

kmbs-dcd
03-27-2015, 05:46 PM
First - it is my understanding that in order to be compliant with various environmental regulations such as the US Energy Star certification and its European equivalent, the device must be defaulted from the manufacturer to duplex.

Second, on Windows OS's the printer defaults are easy enough to change because the OS provides an easy menu option to do so. However on the Mac you must use the little known CUPS (common unix print system) interface to do so.

This is accessed through your web browser at the URL "http://localhost:631/admin". Theoretically you could bring about the end of civilization as we know it by making willy-nilly changes in this interface, but with a little common sense (and an administrator account name and password), you can change the defaults for any printer settings.