PDA

View Full Version : ES-2000 Red light after Green light.

Doyle
12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I have a i1Pro 2 and another ES-2000 here that I have never seen this happen with.

The ES-2000 (only one dongled for 4.6) in question will appear to have a successful read (M2) with the green light flashing and FCP reporting a good read, then about 3 seconds later at about the time the blue light should appear the red lights flashes. When the red light flashes no errors appear in the software, and ES-2000 then turns to blue. This does not happen on every read.

What does this mean?

Paul_J
12-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I have not seen this behavior at the EFI Lab, but there are many things that could cause this.

Quick items to check would be:

1. Are you using the black USB cable that came with the ES-2000?

2. Have you loaded CPS on another computer to test if you have the same issue?

3. Are you using the ruler mode with the ES-2000 and if so is the sensor for the ruler and the ruler itself clean?

There are many other possibilities, if you would like call CPS support at 855-334-4457 or Email us at: profilersupport@efi.com

Doyle
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I have not seen this behavior at the EFI Lab, but there are many things that could cause this.

Quick items to check would be:

1. Are you using the black USB cable that came with the ES-2000?

2. Have you loaded CPS on another computer to test if you have the same issue?

3. Are you using the ruler mode with the ES-2000 and if so is the sensor for the ruler and the ruler itself clean?

There are many other possibilities, if you would like call CPS support at 855-334-4457 or Email us at: profilersupport@efi.com

CPS latest version on a Mac Client read 1617 without a problem, No red lights after green. Same ruler.

I guess I need to check the USB cable on the EX-P server.