PDA

View Full Version : IC-306 2.0 to 3.1 upgrade problem

KMDan
06-16-2014, 06:51 PM
I have a KM IC-306 controller that has been upgraded from version 2 to version 3.1. With the controller connected to a C7000 the controller will not connect to the C7000. I cannot connect to the printer using Command Workstation on the controller. Command Workstation will not connect on the loopback address. I can connect to other printer in the same room with this controller. I have connected an IC-3600 to this machine to check the C7000.

I started the upgrade using the 2.0 to 3.1 upgrade kit. I also orderd a full version of 3.1 and reinstalled using these DVD's. The loads always seem to complete properly. This controller has had the Interface board, video board, HDD, and motherboard replaced. Also the patches never seem to take. When I use the upadate feature to load the patches, the patches load and then asks for a reboot. After the reboot, the system is still wanting the patches to be loaded.

oxident
06-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Does the primter "see" the Fiery? I mean, is the controller button on the printer panel active?

Have you checked if the Fiery service is actually running by looking at the services snap-in?

KMDan
06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
The controller button on the screen is selectable, but the Two devices never connect.

oxident
06-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Strange. I know about the issue that patches won't get installed (but don't have a clue why this happens). Maybe there will be a fix from EFI or KM soon.

To further troubleshoot the connection problems: Does the blue Fiery bar show up on top of the IC306's screen?

Scott_W
06-18-2014, 07:19 AM
The IC-3600 does connect to that C7000 OK?

You mention all the hardware replaced, but I am not clear on when (before v3.01 upgrade, or after) all that was done, or why.

As a sanity check, I would step back to v2.0. This time install from another v2.0 system software install set, rather than one you were using before (remove new graphics adapter first), make sure you can:
- print Config page from Fiery's Command Workstation (then attach it here on Forum after all updates have been run)
- Run Windows Updates successfully
- Run Fiery's System Updates successfully
- Print from a client to Fiery

By the way, v3.0 (now unsupported) and v3.01 require that engine itself be connected to sam LAN Fiery is on. That is if you want to use the full featured Fiery interface on engine panel

KMDan
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Scott,
This controller has been reloaded with 2.0 and then to 3.1 a number of times. Currently it will not connect to the C7000 that I am using to test the controller. When it was connecting and I would send a PS test page from Command Workstation, the test page would print but Command Workstation crash and need to be restarted.

oxident
06-19-2014, 02:58 PM
So CWS works locally on the Fiery itself (even if it's crashing)?

Can you browse webpages from the Fiery?

Rich A
07-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Its not a C7000L is it? The L series requires a patch to added to the Fiery before it will connect.