PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Color Profiler Suite 4_Create Printer Profile

mzcolor001
05-07-2014, 11:19 AM
I used the Fiery Color Profiler Suite 4 to do the printer profile. I did it with two ways, one way was to go through the "Print patches" workflow and the .icc profile was generated.
The other way is I got the measured data from spectrophotometer and save it as .it8 file format, then used "convert measurements to profile" workflow to generate .icc profile, and it turned out "This file cannot be imported, Reaon: bad format". (*the printed color patches used to generating a .icc profile is a customized one, not the one from EFI reference dataset)
Thank you.
I am trying to upload the .it8 file, but the system didn't allow me.

Justin_dB
05-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Compare the .it8 from the workflow that worked to the workflow that didn't. Does the .it8 saved from the measure module re-open in profiler?

mzcolor001
05-08-2014, 09:15 AM
no, it is not from the measure module, it is a customerized test color patches and was measured by spectrophotometer was not connected from the printer.

just be curious about could this Fiery color profiler use a customized test chart?

Thank you,

Justin_dB
05-09-2014, 11:53 AM
The .it8 format is a very open format. The error indicates that there is content or formatting of the .it8 that FCPS does not recognize.

If you are savvy with a text editor, you might be able to find the item in your custom .it8 that is triggering the error. I recommend comparing an it8 that works with the it8 that does not, and swap out the top part before the measurement information to see if it will move forward.