PDA

View Full Version : EFI--driver downloads, please stop the nannying

adam1991
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Mike R, I know you're listening.

The download drivers page:

http://w3.efi.com/fiery/fiery-support/download/download-drivers

gets me to the point where I can download drivers, but ONLY for the platform from which I am currently browsing.

I'm on my Mac, so it shows me *only* Mac print drivers. But I need to look at/download/verify the existence of Windows XP drivers, for example, never mind that I happen to be browsing using a Macintosh.

I need a way to tell this page to show me other drivers and allow me to download those.

Thanks.

Scott_W
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Are you looking at a Fiery that has both Win and Mac drivers posted?

On my Mac (10.6.8), using Firefox, I selected on driver download page for:
-Konica Minolta
-BizHub C754/...
-IC-414 v1.1
-Windows 8/7... ;then Find

Page refreshes and shows me, among other items, two Windows driver Zip files.

I just downloaded one to my Mac's desktop.

Mike_R
11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes, that's the way it's supposed to be working. We know that these pages are used to download drivers for other users, so you must have the ability to download a driver for a different OS than you happen to be running at that moment.

In this case, it's more likely that the XP drivers are not posted for that particular Fiery because they were not updated. Our focus for the download center has been to post the newer drivers needed by the newer operating systems that weren't available when that original Fiery product shipped, trusting that the original drivers that shipped with the product are still available from the Fiery itself (from WebTools, at least).

Ideally we would have all the print drivers posted for all the products for all the different operating systems. As we go forward, we hope to post more, but not necessarily all the ones that have shipped.

-Mike

adam1991
11-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Ah, that would explain it. Thanks.

davidcar
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Here is the message me and an analyst received when we tried to download the Mac OS10.9 driver for Xerox 700 v1.5

"AccessDeniedAccess Denied25AD29027232021CFnZG+oRp2dLiT/pOjhOxJhc29iB9yYtQYU8DO5qHZ0I8ao5jg/6gcXdoOlNqDYTc"

Bob_B
11-27-2013, 11:05 AM
I am seeing the same error when I attempt to download these drivers. I have informed our IT department so this can be corrected.