PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating art differently than images

johnt
11-01-2013, 04:38 AM
I am wondering if there is a way to calibrate/adjust art to print similarly to the way profiles are set up for cmyk images. I understand the concept of creating a source profile that changes the way images are printed but what I don't understand is how vector art is adjusted. For instance, if I have a picture with a blue sky and a blue box on the same page the cmyk profile will affect the image but not the line art. Does such an independent adjustment exist with the fiery rip?
Thanks.

ColorQA_Victor
11-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Johnt.

If you send a document to a Fiery with a CMYK image and CMYK vector objects, the Fiery will process those objects with the default CMYK Source Profile and CMYK Simulation Method. You can set the settings of these Fiery features to a desired Fiery source profile and simulation method from the job's Properties. Once you are in the Properties interface, navigate to the Color tab and then either Basic or Expert Settings.

If your CMYK image is tagged with an embedded profile, the Fiery can honor that embedded profile. In the Expert Settings interface, you can select the "Use embedded profile when present" feature.

Does that answer your question?

adam1991
11-02-2013, 04:59 AM
From what program are you sending this artwork?

ateljea
03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
In the Expert Settings interface, you can select the "Use embedded profile when present" feature.

Hi ColorQA_Victor,
Where exactly (CWS -> Job Properties ->Color Mode -> Expert Settings ->???) can I find this feature?

thanks,
ateljea

CWS 5.4.0.76
KM-C7000, IC-413 Fiery E100 70-60C-KM PS 1.0 SW 9
KM-C65hc, IC-305 Fiery PRO80 65-55C-KM PS 3.0a SW 9

ColorQA_Victor
04-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, Expert Settings is the interface where you enable the Fiery to use embedded profiles.

The feature is located in the CMYK pane and it is named Use Embedded Profile When Present. If you don't see this option, they your Fiery doesn't support the feature. What Fiery System is driving your Fiery?

ateljea
04-18-2014, 08:05 AM
We can not find the option "Use Embedded Profile When Present".
Look at the screenshot.

Why our Fierys not supported this option?
We drived Fiery Systems 9, more info:
CWS 5.4, CWS 5.5
KM-C7000, IC-413 Fiery E100 70-60C-KM PS 1.0 SW 9
KM-C65hc, IC-305 Fiery PRO80 65-55C-KM PS 3.0a SW 9

thanks,
ateljea

ColorQA_Victor
04-21-2014, 02:44 PM
ateljea,

My apologies, but after looking at our database, the "Use embedded profile when present" user interface feature became available with our System 10 software - your server runs System 9.

Rereading your question, I believe I misunderstood what is being asked. This is what was written:

I am wondering if there is a way to calibrate/adjust art to print similarly to the way profiles are set up for cmyk images. I understand the concept of creating a source profile that changes the way images are printed but what I don't understand is how vector art is adjusted. For instance, if I have a picture with a blue sky and a blue box on the same page the cmyk profile will affect the image but not the line art. Does such an independent adjustment exist with the fiery rip?

For the Fiery you have, art/vector art is processed the same way as images. For example, if I process a file that contains a raster/bitmap square defined as Cyan = 100% and vector based square defined as Cyan = 100%, both objects will be adjusted to the same CMYK values based on the FIery CMYK source profile and output profile conversion.

Is there a file you can share with us where you are not seeing CMYK vector art being converted based on the selected CMYK source profile and output profile?