PDA

View Full Version : Problems with light blues and Oranges

Gordon-DPR
10-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to Fiery so if this dumb forgive me. I just printed a project for a customer on my xerox 700 using Fiery Command WorkStation 5.5. The file has light blue sections and a bright orange heading. I am having trouble getting the orange bright without making the blue drop out to a light grey. Here is a screen shot of the file.

ColorQA_Victor
10-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello Gordon.

What technique are you using to make the orange brighter?

adam1991
10-30-2013, 04:13 PM
It is physically impossible to reproduce a "bright" orange on your CMYK device.

ColorQA_Victor
11-01-2013, 12:38 PM
It is physically impossible to reproduce a "bright" orange on your CMYK device.

Hi Gordon,

Yes, depending on the printer's gamut, it can be challenging to hit a desired saturated orange target. My suggestion to control specific colors in a document like you posted, I would design it so that the orange object is a spot color. Using Fiery's Spot-On/Spot Color Manager, I would tweak the reference spot color to hit the desired orange color response or at least the most saturated orange the printer can produce. If this workflow is followed, the light blue color shouldn't shift, only the orange spot color.

If you don't have Spot On enabled on you server, there could be alternative ways to do what you want to do with the file. If you want to continue trying to print this document and make that orange print as saturated as the printer allows, please let me know and I would be glad to help you out.

-victor