PDA

View Full Version : CPS 4.1 EX1000 v2.2 with XC1000 full width array

RobH_WNY
09-03-2013, 11:17 AM
With the CPS license activated we go into Device Center/Resources/Profiles and click the new button to create an output profile, and proceed. When we get to the point of selecting a measurement method only the ES1000, ES2000, and various X-rite instruments are options.... there is no option for FWA - Full width array (the XC1000 print engine's inline spectrophotometer).

I even went into Device Center/General/Tools and selected the Calibration Preferences... In there there is an option for CPS measurement method. The FWA is an option, and I select it, however this makes no change in what is available for measurement method when creating a new output profile.

QUESTION: Is the FWA supposed to be a measurement method or not. IF yes, what might we do to get it showing in the measurement method drop down?

CWS - 5.5
CPS - 4.11
EX1000 - 2.2

Spot_Color
09-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Full With Array is a color measurement device that is installed in the press. A calibrated full with array provides accurate measurements when you use to calibrate the Fiery controller.

If your CP1000 has full with array in it and you don't see it on the calibrator preference, this should trigger to call for a technical service of your print engine and Fiery configuration so you can see the Full With Array option from your calibration preference.

oxident
09-04-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't know that particular printer but I guess it's compareable to the inline spectrometer of KM's Cx000 series using the RU-module. If that's true than it simply ensures a constant and stable linearization. For profiling media, you still need to use an ES1000/ES2000.

sperussi
05-02-2014, 11:00 AM
as the saying goes, better late than never, find enclosed the procedure how to use FWA with EX1000