PDA

View Full Version : Blocks around layers

AxisBC
07-31-2013, 01:05 PM
We only see this issue periodically, blocks are being shown around the various layers of our document.

Any suggestions?

~Thanks!

Fiery PS11 on Kyocera TA4550ci

AxisBC
07-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Image Sample Below

Scott_W
07-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Perhaps try enabling in Job Properties, under Color Tab, "Composite Overprint" for that job?

AxisBC
07-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Thank you, Scott. We will try that.

Is there a way to apply this setting by default or must it be done on a job-by-job basis?

~Bill

Steve Mc
08-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Hi Bill,

You could also try saving the job as a flattened PDF at the design stage and then submitting it to the Fiery with Composite Overprint on.
In my experience that extra step has solved issues like these, especially with drop shadows.

By default Composite Overprint would normally be switched off because of increased processing overhead on the Fiery so it's only usually switched on as required.

Steve.

sebastian-e-dox
08-01-2013, 06:08 AM
I don't know what system version your Fiery is since im from a Xerox background. We have this effect too and if I recall correctly it was either due to using APPE or if we didn't use it. I could also think of the fact, that the color profiles that are attached to the pictures are embedded, but you have 'use embedded profiles' deactivated in Professional Colors-Settings?

AxisBC
08-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Turned out to be something with the Fiery driver... we removed the printer and port and then reloaded the driver/printer and now everything is printing normally.

Thanks to all who responded!

thistlegorm
08-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi Axis,

Glad you got it sorted...

Just for next time you post - always helpful for people who respond to calls for help to give them all the facts - for example in your initial post had you stated that you were submitting your work via a print driver - i.e. Postscript - then the posts about using the APPE engine or saving out as a flattened pdf & re importing would not have arisen - since the file is already flattened - PS does not support layers...

Perhaps another way at looking at this is an analogy - "you go to the Doctor stating it hurts when you put a sock on - the Dr qualifies this by asking is it when you draw the sock over the toes ? or when you bend your ankle ? or when you pull the sock over the heel..? some time later you respond with no it is my head hitting the furniture when I lose my balance hopping on one foot..." sometimes in order to correctly diagnose - it helps to know all the facts.....

Just for your info - I have a Customer who has the exact same problem - albeit the job is submitted via file import -> pdf - print it out - all works, Impose it you get exactly what you have..... again relevent data captured & escalated....