PDA

View Full Version : IC306v2: Media not assigned to any tray?

oxident
04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi!

If I sent a job which uses a media type not currently loaded to a KM C6000 with an IC413 Fiery, the printer asks me to load this specific paper ... but the IC306v2 behaves different: It simply aborts the job with the error "media not assigned to any tray".

Is there any possibility to mimic the IC413s behaviour on the IC306?

adam1991
04-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Me too.

I tried setting up the 306 to suspend if there's a mismatch, but that didn't alter this behavior.

oxident
04-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Maybe it's related to the problem that I'm not able to assign media type using paper catalog. I guess, the Fiery fails telling the printer which media type to use ... only "read access" seems to work :-(

oxident
04-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Well, another related issue might be that mixed size jobs are behaving strange: If I import a pdf with A4/A3 mixed pages and leave Paper Catalog to "unspecified", the printer wants to print the entire job out of the same tray (and complains about media size mismatch, of course)...

That won't happen on the IC-413.

EDIT: Okay, the problem occured because CWS did not save the Paper Catalog selection (should be "unspecified" for mixed jobs but remained at a named one which was set using a virtual printer template).

But the main problem from the first post still exists :-(

oxident
04-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Me too.

I tried setting up the 306 to suspend if there's a mismatch, but that didn't alter this behavior.

As a workaround, I found out that it somehow works if you first assign the media type in the lower left panel of the CWS. This won't change the actual media assignment in the printer (which looks like a bug) but the Fiery now "thinks" this kind of paper is loaded and therefore accepts to print the job.

The printer will now correctly complain about wrong paper and let you choose to load the correct one.

oxident
05-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks EFI, patch 1-1JGY03 seems to fix this issue ;)

oxident
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, it doesn't really fix the problem. Now I always have to confirm the job on the printer. Anyway, the mismatch function itself seems to work now.

I've removed the patch because this prior "error" was more easy to deal with :eek:

oxident
07-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Okay, I've started another attempt to apply patch 1-1JGY03 and now I've discovered that I don't have to confirm media selection on each job if I select "Bypass Tray" as paper source instead of "Auto Select".

If I am allowed to write a "wish", I would really like the Fiery to recognize that the requested media is already loaded (even if it's in the Bypass Tray), the same way it does before applying the patch. But I also want the printer to ask me for loading paper if the requested media IS NOT assigned to any tray (again, including Bypass).

From my point of view, this looks like the perfect workflow :cool:

Nevertheless, chaning media assignment from within CWS still doesn't work.

oxident
07-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Okay, found the cause of this.

I had to change some settings inside the printer itself in order to include the bypass tray in automatic paper source selection. It was set up to only choose between trays 1-4...

So now everything works perfectly and as expected :cool:

... except the thing with the inability to change loaded paper from within CWS. KM can't fix this and I hope, EFI will release a patch soon.

UPDATE: Okay, this problem has been fixed in v3. Finally, I can switch paper types within CWS :-D